Depeche Mode

Not many bands out there who can have catchy pop tunes that get sung on the terraces at football stadiums, who are pioneering enough to be cited by the Detroit 3 as major influences on their output of early techno and the go on to inflence the likes of nine inch nails and radiohead. plus they have their songs covered by the likes of Johhny Cash and The Saturdays.
Like I said initially, people write them off due to their early 80's image but there is no other band around that has evolved so much over the years. Their longevity should not be celebrated. Their experimentation and infkence definitely should<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:00 pm --<br /><br />Not many bands out there who can have catchy pop tunes that get sung on the terraces at football stadiums, who are pioneering enough to be cited by the Detroit 3 as major influences on their output of early techno and the go on to inflence the likes of nine inch nails and radiohead. plus they have their songs covered by the likes of Johhny Cash and The Saturdays.
Like I said initially, people write them off due to their early 80's image but there is no other band around that has evolved so much over the years. Their longevity should not be celebrated. Their experimentation and infkence definitely should

Not many bands out there who can have catchy pop tunes that get sung on the terraces at football stadiums, who are pioneering enough to be cited by the Detroit 3 as major influences on their output of early techno and the go on to inflence the likes of nine inch nails and radiohead. plus they have their songs covered by the likes of Johhny Cash and The Saturdays.
Like I said initially, people write them off due to their early 80's image but there is no other band around that has evolved so much over the years. Their longevity should not be celebrated. Their experimentation and infkence definitely should

newtonheathdave said:
stonerblue said:
i'd say you overestimate their influence. They went downhill after 'See You'

-- Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:48 am --

Tuearts right boot said:
I heard it was Johnny Cash, easily confused though.

Captain Kirk did
You think they went downhill after one of their first singles????

One of ? I thought it was the first..

stonerblue said:
newtonheathdave said:
stonerblue said:

Captain Kirk did

No mate. First after Vince Clarke left. But not the first.

stonerblue said:
newtonheathdave said:
stonerblue said:

Captain Kirk did

Dreaming of me was the first. You can not seriously believe that see you is their greatest tune???<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:51 pm --<br /><br />
stonerblue said:
newtonheathdave said:
stonerblue said:

Captain Kirk did

Dreaming of me was the first. You can not seriously believe that see you is their greatest tune???

newtonheathdave said:
stonerblue said:
newtonheathdave said:

Dreaming of me was the first. You can not seriously believe that see you is their greatest tune???

believe it or not but not everyone thinks Depeche Mode are brilliant. They weren't to bad until the H kicked in.

-- Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:51 pm --

stonerblue said:
newtonheathdave said:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.