Depeche Mode

Posted this in another thread.

Shocked at this. Me and @BimboBob are big DM fans and this has stunned me.

Fletch was the glue that stuck the band together was their unofficial manger. When other members were going through tough times like Dave Gahan drug addiction and Martin Gore's depression, Fletch was the one that kept them going. After Alan Wilder left the band Gore and Gahan wanted to call it a day Fletch convinced them to carry on.

Very rarely did he give interviews and also preferred to be in the background but Fletch had a huge influence on the band and will be sorely missed.

RIP Fletch

I'll never forget hearing See You at the swamp before the Derby in early 1982 and going out and buying it a few days later. They were a fantastic singles band. Some good albums aswell. Lucky that they still had such a great songwriter in the band after Vince Clarke left.

I spent my teenage years hoovering up every 12 inch I could including many rare remixes which I still treasure.

Never been a massive fan, but I can appreciate how they evolved from the early pop synth almost cheesy chart friendly offerings to what they ended up doing.
A rare thing, they worked hard to gain the respect they deserved. Fair play to them, especially given the problems the band members went through.

I like to listen to 'just can't get enough' followed by 'personal jesus'
How these two tracks are by the same band still impresses me, even to this day. Even a tone deaf foc like me can hear these fellas were talented.
RIP Fletch.

I spent my teenage years hoovering up every 12 inch I could including many rare remixes which I still treasure.
Might have a few 12" remixes, white labels and promos knocking about the place...

A few = every 12", every album, every remix, every 7", all the box sets and most of the white labels/ promos...there's a few I'm missing...but I'm reduced to either paying 400 quid for a 12" single or hunting for them.

I've listened to them since I was 10. They've always been a part of my life. Can't believe fletch has died, didn't even know he was ill. I can't see Dave and Martin carrying on now.

I've listened to them since I was 10. They've always been a part of my life. Can't believe fletch has died, didn't even know he was ill. I can't see Dave and Martin carrying on now.
He broke his wrist last month on holiday, maybe linked? No idea. probably not. I expect we'll find out soon enough.

Having a wee dram in his honour tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.