Deportation of Carl Jordan

Damocles said:
Something feels wrong here. There isn't enough information, why is he being deported? Did he commit a crime? Why hasn't he qualified for residency if he isn't a citizen? How did he pay NI without citizenship if that's the case? What steps have already been taken and why wasn't residency status taken into account?

In my experience, if something comes across as inexplicable it's usually because the circumstances haven't been explained fully. There's nowhere near enough information here to make a judgement and there's no way it is as simple a case as made out.

Exactly, no way am I signing this just yet.

Damocles said:
Something feels wrong here. There isn't enough information, why is he being deported? Did he commit a crime? Why hasn't he qualified for residency if he isn't a citizen? How did he pay NI without citizenship if that's the case? What steps have already been taken and why wasn't residency status taken into account?

In my experience, if something comes across as inexplicable it's usually because the circumstances haven't been explained fully. There's nowhere near enough information here to make a judgement and there's no way it is as simple a case as made out.

He applied for a british passport to go on his jollies, never been abroad before(bar his ma bringing him back from the states) its then that they classed him as an illegal alien because his mum "sneaked" him into the country when he was 3, despite him now having an NI paid british taxes all his life worked at the royal mail for 20 years, Andrew Gwynne MP is taking it up as are granada reports and the M.E.N, ive no doubt common sense will prevail and it will get resolved in his favour and the petition really is to create a bit more awareness towards his case, there is no hidden agenda nothing more to be fully explained and it is that simple a case.

If he had no right to live here 53 years ago what has given him that right since then?

I mean a legal right of course, not an imaginary right based on emotions and political views.

urmston said:
If he had no right to live here 53 years ago what has given him that right since then?

I mean a legal right of course, not an imaginary right based on emotions and political views.

Let me help you out on that front...

empathy [em-puh-thee]
noun
1. The psychological identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

burning blue soul said:
urmston said:

empathy [em-puh-thee]
noun
1. The psychological identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

So it's ok then. Because it feels ok.

We should just scrap all the legal system and go on gut feeling for everything. Think of the money we could save.

burning blue soul said:
urmston said:

empathy [em-puh-thee]
noun

You didn't help me out because you didn't answer my question. But thanks anyway.

In this country we live by the rule of law, not rules of empathy or sentimentality.

So, if you didn't have a legal right to live here 53 years ago what gives you that legal right now?

Which law says that after a certain time in the UK you get a legal right to live here?

Does such a law exist, and if not what's all the fuss about?

a case that has taken 53 years to end in deportation eh? sounds about right for the UK Border Agency.

urmston said:
burning blue soul said:
urmston said:

empathy [em-puh-thee]
noun

You didn't help me out because you didn't answer my question. But thanks anyway.

In this country we live by the rule of law, not rules of empathy or sentimentality.

So, if you didn't have a legal right to live here 53 years ago what gives you that legal right now?

Which law says that after a certain time in the UK you get a legal right to live here?

Does such a law exist, and if not what's all the fuss about?

thanks for your input, im sure you are correct and there is no legal recourse for this decision to be overturned. not even with a very very expensive lawyer.

thank goodness the law always sees sense and there are never any miscarriages. luckily sentiment doesnt invade the impervious legal world and all this is just delaying the inevitable.

have a nice day my friend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.