Depression

It was our lads birthday today and this would have been his 40th and although time is a great healer occasionally it still hurts. It's life so sadly nothing can be done, but it does make you appreciate how precious each moment is on this sabbatical journey we all must take.

We are here for an infinitesimally small and transient moment in time, so of course we have to make it the best journey we possibly can, therefore if at all possible brothers .. lets make it a good one.

I know depression can encapsulate and envelope beyond any realm of reality that you could imagine, but whatever it is that clouds your mantra try to look beyond the immediate moment. Because each day we travel forward is a step toward a brighter day and a promise that the day will come ..That is all except to say ..

Everybody hurts..sometimes.

6XlT75T.jpg

Hey mate, I didn't know about this, happy birthday to your lad.
Beautiful post mate, thanks for posting.
It must be tough for you and your wife but as you say, time slowly heals. But never totally.
Thoughts, for what they're worth, are with you from Oz.

I have been on antidepressents for about fifteen years , started with something different but it never suited me , never had the anxiety till much later , it paralysed me literally in my bed , the citalopram sorted that but i had to go to the thirty dose , last year i had a day i was paralysed in my bed but that has been the one off, post covid , long covid caused that . I speak to my dr frequently and have agreed i am on them for life , i am fine with that , it is a chronic illness like every other , it is no shame to be on them
Anxiety is horrible, wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I’m hoping I’m getting over one of my worst bouts of it, the post Christmas lockdown knocked me for six.

I'll ask the doc about them...it's just getting off the citalopram that puts me off.
Improved my sleep and appetite from the first dose. I’ve been on Citalopram before and had very little side effects but this time I had some very dark suicidal thoughts. Don’t know where I’d be without the support of family and friends, things do get better

Citalopram nearly sent me over the edge, horrendous side effects. I’m on 15mg mitrazapin, helps with sleep and appetite

that the one that aids your sleep?
I've been put on them twice

Last time was a few weeks ago to help with sleep. Well lets just say i took it friday night and slept most of a weekend.

I have been on antidepressents for about fifteen years , started with something different but it never suited me , never had the anxiety till much later , it paralysed me literally in my bed , the citalopram sorted that but i had to go to the thirty dose , last year i had a day i was paralysed in my bed but that has been the one off, post covid , long covid caused that . I speak to my dr frequently and have agreed i am on them for life , i am fine with that , it is a chronic illness like every other , it is no shame to be on them

it feels like we are shamed.

Mirtazapine just made me fat. Sertraline and citalopram were the best SSRIs I’ve been on but I always ended up quitting after several months. They can flatten one’s emotions and I feared I was becoming a stranger to myself (something I already struggle with - depersonalisation/dissociation) after a while.

I’m now on the antipsychotic, Aripiprazole/abilify. Hopefully it’s better than Seroquel, which was beyond awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.