Depression

My mental health is soooo poor.
I have to find something to break out of this mental prison many of us live in.
This rat race, this soulless planet destroying system that crucifies us mind body and soul.

Singing, meditation, exercise.

I fucking can't go on like this.

This rat race, this soulless planet destroying system that crucifies us mind body and soul.

chin up. yes this system that exists and controls the world is fucked. but ignore all that shit.

fuck money power and greed. stay away from social media except city related stuff. and fuck the world. middle finger to all. do your thing. what some dont get we all gotta die, so enjoy the moment. fuck trying to be like others. u are yourself, u know what u want from life.

side note, play that uplifting music and let loose. exercise always helps.

peace bro. and find that purpose in life. Cos we are here for a reason. Find it....

You are one of my fave posters because we both love City, The Pink and a great taste in music!
Whilst not being as low as how you feel now, I spent a life time trying to save the planet, campaigning against this, that and the other.
Now aged 58 I don't watch the news. I have Talk Sport on in the car and their main headlines is usually "Danny Murphy says...." So I miss.nothing.
I live oblivious to anything going on in politics and yes that may sound defeatist but I am so much happier inside.
I work 5 days a week and spend the weekend crashed out on a beach on the Gulf of Mexico. A lazy sunbather.
Our life here is so short and I wasted so many years trying to change things and nothing changes.......

Stay strong mate, I changed life last year during lockdown. Try to go at least 2 hours not looking at phone and social media (was difficult at start as working from home). Did couchto5k and now running 3 times a week. If not running walk couple miles everyday. Reading a lot more as well. Got a rescue cat for company and even did bit of yoga.

Get into nature if you can lads and lasses. Perfect antidote to modern life. It's imperfect, but in all the right ways. Nothing is wasted. Never the same thing twice, everything is unique. And you'll learn that we never see the same sight twice, because the conditions are never the same. But when the land, the animals, and the plants change, it happens so slowly, in weeks, months and years.

The biggest help for me has been laying off the booze. Any time i get really low, I can usually attribute it to the drink messing with the chemistry in my brain. I also find that when I'm not drinking/recovering, I am more productive, people warm to me more etc. This coupled with exercise and starting breathing/meditation sessions has helped me. Iv been in lockdown alone in an apartment in a strange city in Vietnam for 2 months. Pink I hope you feel better mate and get out of the funk. It was only 2 weeks ago I was feeling the same as you.

I see Ben Stokes is stepping back from cricket to deal with mental health issues. I wonder when the Osaka and Biles haters on here will pile in on him for "being weak" too?
The death of his father hit him hard, I have a great deal of sympathy for him. Hope things improve and he can resume his brilliant career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.