Derby Day Display

Im in 114 and think a card display against the rags is a quality idea. Also, the flags that come out in 115 at the start of the match, the big ones, why don't we keep them going all game instead of taking them away when the game kicks off? Think it looks brilliant having all the flags going, and might encourage the atmosphere aswell

If its a card display ideally its got to be in the north stand so the rags can see us taking the piss....a big piccy of peter griffin.

Im in 114 and think a card display against the rags is a quality idea. Also, the flags that come out in 115 at the start of the match, the big ones, why don't we keep them going all game instead of taking them away when the game kicks off? Think it looks brilliant having all the flags going, and might encourage the atmosphere aswell
Flags are a good idea, but as with everything in moderation!

I too would like to see them kept out for the majority of the match. It looks good, and could encourage atmosphere. But, there cannot be too many. People moan about being stuck behind one, honestly it's not that bad if only behind one or two. If we had them spread out, it'd look great and should be ok for most people.

Recently, I went over to Germany to watch an FC Ingolstadt 04 game - I'm the only UK member so it was a fairly big deal. As I know a fair few of the 'ultras' we went and stood on the Sudtribune terrace right in the middle of the boisterous lot. Now this was where all the flags were, and I mean all of them! Too many can result in a fairly poor view, now mine wasn't bad and it didn't bother me but it could grate on some.

1551atf.jpg

Here's an image of my view the other week.

In regards to that experience, it made me also appreciate greatly the use of capo's and drums.

Now, there's a real stigma around the above two - but if used correctly they are great. The drum helps keep the rhythm and quite simply drowns out opposing fans songs. The prime example was the Champions League match against 'Gladbach the other week. Evidently and quite obviously, their fans were dominating ours; which was to be expected. But when the 1894 lads and signing sections started something in response the away fans just started up with the drum again and our song was drowned out. I think some need to re-evaluate and be more open to atmosphere suggestions.

The same applies to a capo, in regards that said person keeps rhythm and gets the song going. I've got a great video from my time in Germany of a song getting going with a capo, unfortunately I can't upload it. For those who think this removes the spontaneity of English football, it really doesn't. Fans are still able to get songs going, the capo just allows some organisation and order to things.

Obviously standing, cheap tickets (22 euros for two standing for us) and beer in your seat helps; and the chances are we won't be seeing most of these anytime soon. But I think it's imperative that we have a more open outlook on singing and openly look to employ techniques from other countries. Who knows people might like them and they be a success - we'll never know if they aren't suggested and or tried.

In regards to that experience, it made me also appreciate greatly the use of capo's and drums.

Now, there's a real stigma around the above two - but if used correctly they are great. The drum helps keep the rhythm and quite simply drowns out opposing fans songs. The prime example was the Champions League match against 'Gladbach the other week. Evidently and quite obviously, their fans were dominating ours; which was to be expected. But when the 1894 lads and signing sections started something in response the away fans just started up with the drum again and our song was drowned out. I think some need to re-evaluate and be more open to atmosphere suggestions.

The same applies to a capo, in regards that said person keeps rhythm and gets the song going. I've got a great video from my time in Germany of a song getting going with a capo, unfortunately I can't upload it. For those who think this removes the spontaneity of English football, it really doesn't. Fans are still able to get songs going, the capo just allows some organisation and order to things.

I think they tried to bring a megaphone into that game and got stopped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.