Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal showed what to do by pressing them hard and fast from the off. Would like to see Sterling really going at them in tandem with de Bruyne and Navas.

I'm edging on the side of a draw or a United win just because I know Pellers will want to go all out attack.

They're just going to sit off us, let us attack, get men behind the ball and then pump it up to Fellaini.

We need to play smart in this one, get the first goal, pass it around and make them chase it.

we'll get thrashed if we play like that. One thing playing against Bournemouth, another against Sevilla. We really were exposed and physically we had a couple of players who looked well off the pace. Bony which is understandable, and Toure - less so.

I'd drop Toure, but there really aren't many alternatives. Down to the bare bones. What few options we have are defensive eg Kompany in a defensive midfield role, or bring Fernando in for Toure. if we can get through this game, we have a whole host of players due back.

We really could do with setting up defensively and playing on the counter with the pace of Navas, De Bruyne and Sterling but I don't see City doing that. I'll be really disappointed in pellegrini if he just sends City out to attack them with the squad we have left at our disposal - it would be ridiculous but I am expecting him to do just that.

Hart

Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov

Toure
Dinho

Navas
KDB
Sterling

Bony (not that he will do much)

We really could do with setting up defensively and playing on the counter with the pace of Navas, De Bruyne and Sterling but I don't see City doing that. I'll be really disappointed in pellegrini if he just sends City out to attack them with the squad we have left at our disposal - it would be ridiculous but I am expecting him to do just that.[/QUOTE]

That just about sums it up. Sit back and counter with our pace and movement, see Arsenal.

I'm quite pessimistic considering the very poor result last time at the Old Toilet, plus we didn't perform very well against the Spuds a few weeks ago.

Pelligrini's recent record against the top 6 teams does not breed much confidence unfortunately, I'm not expecting this to change this weekend. I'm expecting a 3-1 loss, unless the manager decides to be more pragmatic and play more defensively, but this just isn't his style, so a loss for me unfortunately.

fucking hell I bet you are quite a lot of fun on a night out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.