Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya certainly cannot play in a midfield two when we play with two strikers. He naturally advances into the space behind Sterling and becomes exposed. But he was perfectly fine at the start of the season when we were playing 4231. We need to revert back to that, with De Bruyne in the middle but deeper than where Sterling has played in the last two games. Sterling back out on the left where he is much better than De Bruyne at helping his full back. We had a very effective system at the start of the season, particularly in the away games. I really don't see why we should move away from that.
I think Pelle has changed the system slightly because Sterling was starting to struggle a bit on the left and probably thinks KDB has more versatility. Like yourself I would prefer to see De Bruyne start in the No.10 role, Silva being injured is the perfect opportunity to play him there.

I'd bring Kompany and Kolarov back in for Zabaleta and Otamendi. Plus bring Fernando in. However that would mean pushing Yaya forward to play behind Bony which wouldn't work because neither of them press enough to be in a front two. So I'd start Iheanacho.

--------------------Hart

Sagna - Kompany - Mangala - Kolarov

------Fernandinho - Fernando

------Navas - Yaya - De Bruyne

---------------Iheanacho

Subs: Caballero, Otamendi, Demichellis, Zabaleta, Sterling, Garcia/Roberts, Bony.

Team selection is going to be critical in this game. Yaya is a bit like the ageing boxer that has one fight too many. He can still land a knockout punch now and then, but he has slowed over time. If Pellers does play Yaya (which I think he will), then he will have to drop one of Sterling or Bony, and bring in Fernando to strengthen the middle.

I would drop Bony and play Sterling in the middle with Kev and Navas on either wing. We could then play Yaya with the two Ferns. And of course Vinny has to come back in place of Otamendi. I hate to drop Zab because he needs game time. But I don't think this is the game to try and find some form, so it has to be Sagna and Kolarov in defence.

I haven't watched the scum play this season, but I would imagine they will try and flood the midfield and play us on the counter, as we will try and do to them. A bit of luck either way could decide this.

It's games like this where we really miss Kun and Merlin. Not having two of our three world class players really evens the game up.

When it was the sick swan the week before we won by a big score (villa at home 4-1 )
We played a Spanish team at home in the champions league (villareal).
We won 2-1. We went a goal down. We scored the winner in injury time. Our 1st goal was an og.
We was top of the league by 2pts. We'd played 9 games. It was in October.
This time around.....

When it was the sick swan the week before we won by a big score (villa at home 4-1 )
We played a Spanish team at home in the champions league (villareal).
We won 2-1. We went a goal down. We scored the winner in injury time. Our 1st goal was an og.
We was top of the league by 2pts. We'd played 9 games. It was in October.
This time around.....

JUST STOP IT!!!

Hart

------Navas - - Sterling

-------------YAYA-KDB

Just rewatched thus formation for the last 15minutes of the game. we dominated.
It is the best formation when play against bigger teams. When Yaya plays forward or CAM, he can shoot better than bony and defend better than silva

THis is the formation!!!

------Navas - - Sterling

-----------YAYA-KDB

this is also 4222 which is manu's favorite formation

-------------------Hart------------------
Sagna--Kompany--Mangala--Kolarov
-----------Yaya--Fernandinho---------
Navas-------De Bruyne--------Sterling
------------------Bony-------------------

Outcome? Who knows. But it will depend entirely on us. Arsenal gave us the blueprint - start aggressively, move the ball quickly, press high up the pitch and we'll absolutely fucking murder them. If half-assed, ponderous, non-pressing City turn up, we'll get beat. It really is as simple as that for me.

------Navas - - Sterling

-----------YAYA-KDB

this is also 4222 which is manu's favorite formation
Not so sure he would try this from the start. Two things must happen imo. 1) The two Ferns must start with or without Ya Ya
2) Sterling or Nacho must start ahead of Bony. Probably a bit much to ask of Nacho to lead the line in such a huge game but fortune favours the brave. Keep the faith!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.