Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think we have the inclination to run the required yards?

Both teams will have played three games in eight days and I just hope that trip to Russia has taken more out of their legs.

The clocks go back on Saturday night, that might even come into play in terms of sleeping and eating?
Mate, it's the most glaring weakness in our team. Only Navas and Fernandinho press to the required standard. But in a way, having only 2 players pressing well is more of a weakness than having none. Because we lose all sense of shape and look downright amateurish off the ball. We're really THAT bad without possession. It's why we struggle in Europe.

Mate, it's the most glaring weakness in our team. Only Navas and Fernandinho press to the required standard. But in a way, having only 2 players pressing well is more of a weakness than having none. Because we lose all sense of shape and look downright amateurish off the ball. We're really THAT bad without possession. It's why we struggle in Europe.

It's not even the press that is important, it's the desire to run and get back in when the press has been beaten.

Liverpool ran an additional 10k at Spurs last week, more than any other team that weekend, and 4k more than they had ever done under Rodgers.

Players can find any excuse to be lazy, the excuse of our team is that we have such great individual talent, they can get out of jail against 70 per cent of opponents.

There's a reason why we get an upswing in results when either in a title run-in or to atone for the shit end to last season.

Focus, desire, intensity.

Takes you a long way, especially so, in a derby or against a weaker team away from home who have nothing much to offer outside of that.

Spot on TT, We never look like we have a good shape defending, in fact I can't remember a time when we had with a nice bank of 4 across the park in front of the defense.

My team:
Hart
Zaba,Kompany, Mangala, Sagna
Fernaninho, Fernado
Navas, Toure, DeBruyne
Sterling

It's not even the press that is important, it's the desire to run and get back in when the press has been beaten.

Liverpool ran an additional 10k at Spurs last week, more than any other team that weekend, and 4k more than they had ever done under Rodgers.

Players can find any excuse to be lazy, the excuse of our team is that we have such great individual talent, they can get out of jail against 70 per cent of opponents.

There's a reason why we get an upswing in results when either in a title run-in or to atone for the shit end to last season.

Focus, desire, intensity.

Takes you a long way, especially so, in a derby or against a weaker team away from home who have nothing much to offer outside of that.

Running extra doesn't = success or victory. The phrase 'headless chicken' comes to mind.

I can't see our physical performance changing but I think we'll look a bit more ragged in our shape. But so will they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.