Derby Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can play lots of ways,kev can play upfront if needed,we won games when we had no strikers last year

Not a title decider but important to the team as well as fans

From a City POV I would be surprised to see Yaya Toure in DM. He's not interested in the defensive side of the game and Fellaini had acres in the same fixture last season. Fernando may not be the greatest DM in the world, but he’s still switched on so him and Fernandinho would be the better pairing for me. You can harp on about how United aren’t this and aren’t that, but with players like Rooney (despite his shit form), Herrera & Mata who all like to move across the line between defenCe and midfield, you’ll need to be switched on there, and having just Fernandinho trying to do the job of both will not end up well.
That of course means playing him in the #10, meaning KDB shifted out to the right and therefore leaving out Navas, but I think that would also be a mistake because his pace will cause United’s LB’s trouble – whether that’s Rojo or Blind – and he also shows willingness to track back™. If Fernando, Yaya & Navas play, that means no Bony – and I think that would also be a mistake as he’s scoring of late and would only add to his confidence by playing him from the start here.

Not a straightforward team selection for Pellegrini I don’t think. Pellegrini being Pellegrini though, I think he’ll opt for this:

Hart
Zabaleta – Kompany – Mangala – Kolarov
Fernandinho - Yaya
Navas – KDB – Sterling
Bony

As for United – a lot simpler selection I think. The fact Schweinsteiger came off at HT tells me he’ll be starting on Sunday. Bizarrely LVG wont drop Rooney, which IMO would benefit United a lot, as they could put Martial up front where he is much more effective, and Depay out wide (whilst also unimpressive, he’s also unpredictable, whereas Rooney is very predictable these days).

DDG
Darmian – Jones – Smalling – Blind
Schneiderlin – Schweinsteiger
Mata – Herrera – Martial
Rooney

Were Aguero & Silva fit, I’d have opted for a comfortable City win. As it is now, 2-2.

Last edited:
From his comments looks like Vinny will be on the bench. Maybe he needs his eyes testing if he thinks we are defending well currently.

From his comments looks like Vinny will be on the bench. Maybe he needs his eyes testing if he thinks we are defending well currently.

Perhaps he's just keeping everyone guessing, including shoebox head at the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.