Otamendi
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandinho
Toure
De Bruyne
Sterling
Navas

They will pack the middle and that is where we will lose the game if we play Bony on his own up top. I like him but he needs people around him when he recieves the ball and we have not been doing that well enough. A false 9 is the answer to primarily ensure that we keep the football. We have enough quality to turn that into goals if we play that way.

We have looked terrible out of possession recently and if we concede the midfield before we have even kicked a ball I will fucking scream. For all Fernandos faults he needs to start today in place of Bony.

If we do that then the 3 points are ours.

Bony on for Navas out and out striker. DeBruyne to play "in the hole", otherwise a good selection. Keep Navas fresh for the last 20 minutes.

Probably would be a lot of people's choice but there's no chance of Bony not starting. He'll go same team as Sevilla with maybe Kompany back on.

Its a difficult one. I think we would all agree that to get the three points, everyone has to be on their "A" game. Just hope whichever team is picked, everyone is at the races and we dominate. They will struggle with a fast, high quality footballing team.

I agree with the idea of dropping Bony and playing the two Ferns, but knowing Pellers I would say there is no chance of this happening. I am fairly certain that it will be Bony up top and Dinho and Yaya in a two man midfield.

I still think the rags are pretenders this year and are higher up the table than they should be, so it's time to teach them a few lessons and put them back in their place. We have the players to do a lot of damage. It's a matter of playing smart, and working our butts off for 90 minutes.

Been through the range of emotions; was feeling negative yesterday but I think this is just derby nerves. Ive woken up feeling positive today and a lot more rational. They are shite, and we will beat them

Bony on for Navas out and out striker. DeBruyne to play "in the hole", otherwise a good selection. Keep Navas fresh for the last 20 minutes.

That is the only circumstance where I would bring Bony in. For Navas.

We need legs in the middle of the park. If they play with Carrick/Schweinsteiger/Herrera then we will be overrun and in that event I'd play Yaya in the hole with Sterling/De Bruyne on the flanks and the 2 Ferns centrally doing the donkey work. Kevin and Raheem will have to work hard supporting the full backs going both ways.

We need to have possession of the football today. We have enough quality to win the game if we do. I don't like the look of us without the ball recently. We lack discipline/shape and dont press the ball well enough. The only combat for that is to ensure that we have possession.

Kelechi will get last minute winner

I'd have him on from the start.
They'll have Smalling and either Blind or Jones in the middle. If it Jones then the long ball to Bony will be lapped up by them both and play right into their hands. Get it on the deck and run at them with pace and they'll struggle and Ibeanicho (sp) could run rings around them.
If Blind is central then Bony would have plenty of joy against him in the air but i think speed is the key to un-nerving their very slow back line.

Just sit back, watch this and remember we are now top dogs and will be for the foreseeable future due to their crumbling ruins
Many thanks. The clock ticking down literally gave me goosebumps!

I'd have him on from the start.
They'll have Smalling and either Blind or Jones in the middle. If it Jones then the long ball to Bony will be lapped up by them both and play right into their hands. Get it on the deck and run at them with pace and they'll struggle and Ibeanicho (sp) could run rings around them.
If Blind is central then Bony would have plenty of joy against him in the air but i think speed is the key to un-nerving their very slow back line.

I agree with this totally but it goes against all Pelligrinis principals.

There is a pecking order based on the fact that Kelichi is young and still learning. It's as though he can't play because he's the 3rd choice striker behind Bony, and that can't change even if he is the better option for this particular game.

It does my fucking kite in. The lad offers something different and should be considered, but as Bony is fit then the kid won't even get a look in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.