Des.

And yes , you are right about Badfinger .... they both wrote and recorded the song in 1970, although they NEVER released it as a single, just as an album track ..... the two band members who actually wrote it , Pete Ham and Tom Evans, both later committed suicide!

And in Evans suicide case it was over a bitter dispute regarding royalties involving this very song !!
Thanks for the info. Didt know about this. I remember Badfinger vaguely from The Old Grey Whistlr Test

To be fair BOTH versions are excellent, and personally i can't seperate them .... Nilssons effort was absolutely exceptional back in late 1971/early 72 , as a lot of music was back then .... but Mariah Carey's 1994 cover is undoubtedly a brilliant version of the song too , from the days when she was really in her prime , and her vocal range was so clearly at ease singing it.

And yes , you are right about Badfinger .... they both wrote and recorded the song in 1970, although they NEVER released it as a single, just as an album track ..... the two band members who actually wrote it , Pete Ham and Tom Evans, both later committed suicide!

And in Evans suicide case it was over a bitter dispute regarding royalties involving this very song !!!
Warner Brothers royally fucked them. Pete Ham's family live near me and many of my mates grew up with him and new him well. Badfinger are well worth a proper listen, great music.

Never realised these murders happened in Cranley Gardens. I use to live only a couple of bus stops away.

He is one sick individual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.