Devon and Cornwall

Some lovely places dependant on what sort of holiday your after. Always enjoyed north Devon for scenery and walks etc. Walk from perranporth to looe is great. Torquay has good nightlife and beaches. Dawlish is quieter but tranquil and totnes is quaint in a new age way. Exeter is a nice small city and plymouth has a good harbour and seafront area.

shackattack said:
Some lovely places dependant on what sort of holiday your after. Always enjoyed north Devon for scenery and walks etc. Walk from perranporth to looe is great. Torquay has good nightlife and beaches. Dawlish is quieter but tranquil and totnes is quaint in a new age way. Exeter is a nice small city and plymouth has a good harbour and seafront area.

Exeter is certainly worth a visit :)

Anywhere in Cornwall is great as long as you get the weather.

We stayed near St Austell.

Eden Project was great.

Jasondh said:
Anywhere in Cornwall is great as long as you get the weather.

We stayed near St Austell.

Eden Project was great.

Never been to the eden project but I've heard many good reports.

I would recommend st Ives mate. Like others have said it's beautiful and very relaxing. My parents took my brother and I when we were younger, literally every year. Some of
The happiest times of my life.

shackattack said:

Walk from Perranporth to Looe -- are you sure, it's 40 miles. Perhaps you meant Polperro to Looe, that's a nice stroll imo.

Ether way, like others have said, you can't beat Cornwall or Devon if the weathers ok. many childhood memories for me, once spent the whole summer there when my dad was working on Nimrods at RAF St Mawgan, we had a caravan in Newquay, great days, Lusty Glaze beach, anyone who knows it will recall the bloody steps from the beach, seemed to go on forever.

Favourite part of the Country if not the world. Love the South Coast especially Looe & Polperro.

Love staying in a cottage down there. Usually cheaper than a shitty caravan and most are bang in the middle of town right by pubs, restaurants, harbour, etc...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.looeandpolperroholidays.co.uk/holiday-properties/browse-all-properties.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.looeandpolperroholidays.co.u ... erties.php</a>

I'll provide some devon input from a devon blue.

Exmouth is a really nice place to stay at, nice beaches and some good attractions, cracking beach too.

I live in a place called Sidmouth, well worth a visit in early August time during the festival, all the nutters come down, folk music in the pub, entertainment constantly in town with different events being held during day and night. Recommended for any age. I'll take you for a drink down the local ;)

Dawlish warren is also a fanastic day trip, the beach again is top notch and lots of entertainment areas. rides, and nice food places included. The natural wildlife is perfect with fantastic walks.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.

DT King of all Geordies said:
We stayed at Looe for about 5 years on the run in the 80's.

Stayed at Looe for 3 years running early 70's! Crab catching down the side of the harbour every day, loved it!

For the OP, took my two girls 9 years ago (aged 9 and 11) and we had a great day at the Eden Project.
Another small fishing village / former smuggling haven well worth a visit is Polperro. Lovely small houses, narrow streets (no cars allowed, you park at the top end and walk down), small beach and top pubs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.