Di Maria

Correct me if I'm wrong but city had the most counter attacking goals in the prem last year? No way rags would sell to us but I would welcome him with open arms. Him silva and Sterling/KDB as three AMs behind kun would be scary.
Did we?

That would surprise me. I watched every minute of every match in the league and CL and we had showed some counter-attacking zeal, to be sure, but I wouldn't say that was our style. We're more of a slow-slow-fast possession side.

Completely wasted in United's system of Fellaini-feeding. He would be exceptional in a proper counter-attacking side, though, I'm not sure we can say that of our system.
Correct, he can only play in a counter attacking system though loses the ball way too much in possession football.

Did we?

That would surprise me. I watched every minute of every match in the league and CL and we had showed some counter-attacking zeal, to be sure, but I wouldn't say that was our style. We're more of a slow-slow-fast possession side.
Oh I completely agree and watched as much as I could (Saturday/Sunday games at 6am is hard for college kids haha) but someone told me that or I heard it on a broadcast and was really surprised by the statement too. Either way he would be an instant starter and massive improvement on any midfielder except silva

Did we?

or a slow-slow-slow-slow-slow-slow-slow-slow-slow-slow-slow-slow-give the ball away cheaply-miss 4 tackles as the opposition goes up the other end-opposition score jammy goal from this only attack-we drop points.

Go on then, I'll ask, how do you work that out, seeing as they play very different positions?
In fairness in terms of achievement, value and current ability it's probably fair. Di Maria in midfield under Ancelotti was a revelation that was a huge part of La Decima.

I'm not sure people have actually decided whether Pogba is a DM, CM or AM, while Di Maria could be at least AM or CM. I do worry Pogba and Fernandinho would be a midfield base lacking creativity and the ability to dictate the game. While Yaya and Pogba is too tactically indisciplined. Pogba is possibly harder to accommodate than Di Maria. Di Maria, Sterling, De Bruyne and Silva would be a frightening attacking midfield to rotate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.