Di Rossi?

Mancio said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
He would struggle to get in any of the current top four midfield in Prem League - so why good enough for us.

He is above average, yet he is no world star.

pmsl

Seriously mate, even with your Serie A rose coloured spectacles on.

He is nowhere near what we need. He is a breaker of the play, plenty of them at City already.

World stars, in the main, go and prove it at other clubs. De Rossi is combative, but is slow, and that says something in Serie A.

This is why Totti, another so-called Italian superstar is also highly overrated.

I hope Mancini is looking at the bigger picture - not many come from italy and are successful. They are two very different leagues.

I like the defenders we are linked with Boeteng and Luiz they are both 6ft + and have looked good young defenders when i have seen them.

Other than the odd game i haven't seen much of deRosi and Hamsik - i would be looking for powerful midfielders who can get up and down and play a bit ya Ya toure like. I would hope these two are the laymaker type similar to Fabregras as we need someone who can pull the strings also.

Up front they need to have either a great touch // finishing ability (Villa ) or lightening pace (Torres) otherwise they are a gamble in the prem.

He'd be absolutely perfect for us, the exact type of player we desperately need. Only question mark is whether he could adapt to English football, but if he could he'd be brilliant signing. Like others have said though, can't see him leaving Roma.

I'm a fan of Roma, the Italian National team, and De Rossi himself. That said, I would never pay 45+ million for a holding midfielder, no matter how much money our owner has.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The Fixer said:
Tolmie

You any juicy goosip for us mate?

Men saying bid going in for David Luiz you heard owt? Anything on Torres/Gerrard/Di maria/ anyone lol

Ha Ha - have tried to comment in the Gerrard thread.

Luiz has been mentioned for few weeks now, there is substance to the interest, but if there was anything seriously concrete, the MEN would have surely ran it on back page.

-- Wed May 12, 2010 11:40 am --

Robinho's_thumb said:
You're talking bollocks. De Rossi is class. When United gave Roma a mauling he was the only player fighting for their cause, he scored a great goal too.

The guy is class. He isn't coming here though.

He would struggle to get in any of the current top four midfield in Prem League - so why good enough for us.

He would get in any of the top fours midfields and be the best player apart from at chelsea

tolmie's hairdoo said:

bollocks.

He would walk into every top 4 team except Chelsea, as Essien is better.

If Roma sold him to an English club, the lad would slice his wrists to avoid having to play for them.

Andouble said:
I'm a fan of Roma, the Italian National team, and De Rossi himself. That said, I would never pay 45+ million for a holding midfielder, no matter how much money our owner has.

Agree. 45 million for this guy is robbery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.