Diabetes

Thanks to everyone who replied think life changes are approaching for me
Just introduce things gradually,nothing mental at first or you will quickly lose motivation.

Eat regularly throughout the day,but foods that balance your blood glucose (whole grains,green veg,lean meats/fish,nuts/pulses etc.....go easy on the fruit) - Try starting logically,with a healthy breakfast and work from there.....

Got diagnosed a month ago. Cut right down on sugar and must admit I do feel a bit better. Went back for second blood but they've not said anything so no news is good news...right..??? also on colesterol tablets. As above says, start with a healthy breakfast. Before I would have cereals and then be hungry by 11.30, now I have a couple of slices of smoked salmon and some scrambled eggs and can go till tea time, usually.

Thanks to everyone who replied think life changes are approaching for me
Mate, many doctors say diabetes is irreversible. But I say bollox, allow me to explain.

Woman in my life, an amazing woman at that, was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, told needs to take meds; metphormin.

Now being the woman she is she googled and called and emailed and wrote and everything in between and subsequently came across a doctor in Newcastle who thinks he can reverse it through diet. And boy did it work.

Her doctor told her not to do it. It's dangerous not take these meds he said. 3 months on it, she went back and asked to be tested again. Results have been counted and verified; normal. According to the tests, she doesn't have diabetes and certainly shouldn't be on any medication for it.

Please, please, try it. Do it and see what happens.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diet/newcastle-study-600-calorie-diet.html

Got diagnosed a month ago. Cut right down on sugar and must admit I do feel a bit better. Went back for second blood but they've not said anything so no news is good news...right..??? also on colesterol tablets. As above says, start with a healthy breakfast. Before I would have cereals and then be hungry by 11.30, now I have a couple of slices of smoked salmon and some scrambled eggs and can go till tea time, usually.
I gave up sugar except for fruit last summer and lost 3 st to date,i too felt really well on that diet,i had a sugar blow out at xmas and my birthday and the sugar rush was really fun lol,now i do 80-20 in favour of low sugar diet,it took me a couple of weeks to get over the sugar withdrawl but it was easy after that,i'm trying to head type 2 off although it's genetic in my family but at least i won't be starting from scratch

I'm currently on a pre-diabetes course and since Jan of this year I've given over eating stuff with obvious sugar content. Oh, I did love chocolate brazils!

There's a book by Michael Moseley who has Type 2 where he states that simply by losing weight it is possible to CURE Type 2. That is the other thrust of my plan - lose weight.

So limit the amount of sugar and lose weight for starters.

There is a mountain of info on the NHS site.

was diagnosed last september with type 2 changed my diet cut down on the pies and beers but still treated myself to a couple of cans at the weekends lost 3 stones and its been reversed and Ive not felt this good in years

Mate, many doctors say diabetes is irreversible. But I say bollox, allow me to explain.

Woman in my life, an amazing woman at that, was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, told needs to take meds; metphormin.

Now being the woman she is she googled and called and emailed and wrote and everything in between and subsequently came across a doctor in Newcastle who thinks he can reverse it through diet. And boy did it work.

Her doctor told her not to do it. It's dangerous not take these meds he said. 3 months on it, she went back and asked to be tested again. Results have been counted and verified; normal. According to the tests, she doesn't have diabetes and certainly shouldn't be on any medication for it.

Please, please, try it. Do it and see what happens.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diet/newcastle-study-600-calorie-diet.html

Limiting yourself to 600 calories a day isn't going to do you any good.

Just cut the sugars out. Including fruit sugar and 'hidden' sugar and you'll be right as rain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.