Diabetes

I've been on the very low sugar for a week tomorrow,lost 5 pounds already,headache and nausea has gone,still have pain in my neck and shoulders that won't budge but i'm through the worst i think, much quicker than the first time i did this a year ago,started back walking today,not for long but i can build up again,all good so far
Well done @karen7
Now set your goal for next week.
Maybe to lose 2 more pounds. Anything above that is a bonus!

Blood tests in yesterday and I am a solid 7.2 with no diabetes medication whatsoever(My previous was 11.3 with medication insulin etc) because of the no carb diet my cholesterol is slightly high although not alarming and I still take statins so I have decided to go on a lower fat diet including in the main salad and chicken for a month and have started introducing healthier carbs slowly into my diet, this is going to be part of my overall lifestyle change that will ensure me not slipping back to laziness.

My morning blood sugars were slightly high so I remedied that with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar before my cup of tea in the mornings ( I used to drink granulated coffee but that made my sugar levels shoot straight up). Blood test has been scheduled for mid December just to check on the progress and if the levels are down together with my weight loss I will be going on blood tests every 6 months as opposed to every 3 months as it is now.

Doing well on the low sugar diet,i've lost 9Ibs in 3 weeks,still have waist and belly fat to get rid of but hopefully i am still ahead of the family curse

Doing well on the low sugar diet,i've lost 9Ibs in 3 weeks,still have waist and belly fat to get rid of but hopefully i am still ahead of the family curse

Doing well mate, stick with it and bask in your results when you complete your mission.

Had a blood test 2 weeks ago at the consultant's clinic to see how my HBA1C is doing. (The average glucose reading over the last 3 months)
At last weeks clinic, while my foot was being re-dressed, I asked about the results, Apparently, since the last tests and over the last 4 months, it has dropped from 80 to 47! This reading puts me in the pre-diabetic area (just), and the consultant was rather pleased with the drop. This equates to about 6.5% in old money. That and losing over 2.5 stone has made me feel a bit happier, to say the least. As I've said before, I wished I hadn't pissed about for the last 15 years with the condition. Still, what's a couple of toes between friends?

Had a blood test 2 weeks ago at the consultant's clinic to see how my HBA1C is doing. (The average glucose reading over the last 3 months)
At last weeks clinic, while my foot was being re-dressed, I asked about the results, Apparently, since the last tests and over the last 4 months, it has dropped from 80 to 47! This reading puts me in the pre-diabetic area (just), and the consultant was rather pleased with the drop. This equates to about 6.5% in old money. That and losing over 2.5 stone has made me feel a bit happier, to say the least. As I've said before, I wished I hadn't pissed about for the last 15 years with the condition. Still, what's a couple of toes between friends?

Are your morning readings always higher than other readings mate?

It runs in the family so ive always been told its just a matter of time, especially as i was overweight. I was also on Blood pressure meds which frankly made me feel like shit so i took the option of getting fit and losing weight coupled with healthy eating as the answer to my issues about 4 months ago.

Im now over 3 stones lighter and i no longer take the meds in conjunction with my doctors approval and my readings are normal and hopefully i wont have to face what diabetes has to throw at you.

Be proactive is my advice.

It runs in the family so ive always been told its just a matter of time, especially as i was overweight. I was also on Blood pressure meds which frankly made me feel like shit so i took the option of getting fit and losing weight coupled with healthy eating as the answer to my issues about 4 months ago.

Im now over 3 stones lighter and i no longer take the meds in conjunction with my doctors approval and my readings are normal and hopefully i wont have to face what diabetes has to throw at you.

Be proactive is my advice.
A healthy Scottish diet will sort you right out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.