Diabetes

for the past few days i have high blood sugar even thought i am not diabetic and only 29, any experienced person with suggestions?

Type 2 and have been for 12 years.
I take metformin and a raft of other tablets as well as insulin and an injection to bring down my sugar levels after a meal. The only problems I have are blurred vision in the mornings and a few close calls with very low blood sugars which fortunately I caught in time and swigged coke like it was going out of fashion until my sugars were high enough to stop me shaking.

Use rapeseed oil as your go to oil even in salads.
Eat 3 meals a day it will help control your sugar levels.
Check your blood sugar levels early on with a monitor you will learn what your levels are by the way you feel.
And lastly please carry on as normal but in moderation.

Oh and I use the sugar substitute from aldi in a plastic container after a while you get used to it.

Type 2 and have been for 12 years.
I take metformin and a raft of other tablets as well as insulin and an injection to bring down my sugar levels after a meal. The only problems I have are blurred vision in the mornings and a few close calls with very low blood sugars which fortunately I caught in time and swigged coke like it was going out of fashion until my sugars were high enough to stop me shaking.

Use rapeseed oil as your go to oil even in salads.
Eat 3 meals a day it will help control your sugar levels.
Check your blood sugar levels early on with a monitor you will learn what your levels are by the way you feel.
And lastly please carry on as normal but in moderation.

Oh and I use the sugar substitute from aldi in a plastic container after a while you get used to it.

Thanks for the advice , mine has been touchin 170 sometimes more or sometimes less, is this what they call border line or its higher than the border line?

Thanks for the advice , mine has been touchin 170 sometimes more or sometimes less, is this what they call border line or its higher than the border line?

In the UK safe levels are between 4 and 6.5 varying on what you've eaten (mine can hit 28 after a large meal and go down to 3.2 if I haven't eaten enough) After a quick scan of non UK levels through google people without diabetes after a meal eaten 2 hours before the reading should have a reading of about 140 and those with diabetes are about 180.

If you don't eat regularly your liver can produce insulin to maintain glucose homeostasis you have to eat regularly to balance this and be healthier. Also the fats can cover your liver what I wasn't initially told is how much more dangerous certain fats are to me because they can prohibit my insulin from my liver kicking in, it's why I mentioned rapeseed oil it's the best oil for diabetics obviously olive oil is another oil with health benefits but it's minging and I don't care for it.

Your levels of 170 sound more like a warning, do you eat healthy and exercise? are you overweight mate?

I'd like to add that this condition if you own it and manage it is by no means a death sentence.

Hi. Can you explain what you mean by "not diabetic"? If your blood sugars are reading higher than the normal range, then you are by definition diabetic. Your age is irrelevant.

You can have raised sugar levels if you have a virus or other illnesses even stress and a poor diet, non diabetics system control sugar levels under normal conditions good diet no illness but diabetics need help because it's a progressive condition they haven't found a cure for yet.

In short you can have high sugar levels for a short period of time which isn't dangerous because it's short term, the real problem would be low sugar because you can have a hypo and fall into a coma in non diabetics low blood sugar manifests as feeling a bit faint because your hungry or having the shakes.

I have had numerous hypos and drink coke or orange juice, now I make sure my levels are at least 7 before I go to sleep.

You can have raised sugar levels if you have a virus or other illnesses even stress and a poor diet, non diabetics system control sugar levels under normal conditions good diet no illness but diabetics need help because it's a progressive condition they haven't found a cure for yet.

In short you can have high sugar levels for a short period of time which isn't dangerous because it's short term, the real problem would be low sugar because you can have a hypo and fall into a coma in non diabetics low blood sugar manifests as feeling a bit faint because your hungry or having the shakes.

I have had numerous hypos and drink coke or orange juice, now I make sure my levels are at least 7 before I go to sleep.
Ok. Thanks for the info. However, if I was him I would keep an eye on it just to be sure that it is an aberration and not an onset of the condition.

Ok. Thanks for the info. However, if I was him I would keep an eye on it just to be sure that it is an aberration and not an onset of the condition.

It all really depends if he's had a definitive diagnosis from the doctor and if he is "Borderline" it's a medical way of getting you to watch your diet and explaining to you that your body is warning you and listen to it. Lots of people control low level diabetes with just diet with great results, the danger with someone as far gone as I am is that faffing about can be dangerous and accelerate any condition I am susceptible to in the long run.

Medical advice as always is the best way forward mate and the way that I control my condition my not be suited to all.

It all really depends if he's had a definitive diagnosis from the doctor and if he is "Borderline" it's a medical way of getting you to watch your diet and explaining to you that your body is warning you and listen to it. Lots of people control low level diabetes with just diet with great results, the danger with someone as far gone as I am is that faffing about can be dangerous and accelerate any condition I am susceptible to in the long run.

Medical advice as always is the best way forward mate and the way that I control my condition my not be suited to all.
I hope you remain successful in managing your condition and I wish you well for the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.