Did anyone on here attend the ECWC Final in 69?

I was there aged nine and my ove riding memory was the rain

winning at the time wasn't all that I'd seen us win before and was sure we would continue not only to challenge for the top honours but win them as well

whp.blue said:
I was there aged nine and my ove riding memory was the rain

winning at the time wasn't all that I'd seen us win before and was sure we would continue not only to challenge for the top honours but win them as well

winning at the time wasn't all that!

PMSL!! How the times have changed!!!

Yep I was there with my mate Ray, my first ever trip abroad

Got soaking wet in my 3 piece black suit and tie with a red shirt and hankie LOL

Stopped in the Hotel Central in Wien

Went with "Gaytours" LOL

Now I'm based in Prague I have had many trips to Wien on the train and reminisced

A night I will never forget

Gray said:
I was there:
vienna1t.jpg

Left of picture, the next two lads hitch-hiked all the way there the rest of us went on a package organised by one of the travel companies.

vienna2j.jpg

The two teams line up prior to the kick off, shortly after the heavens opened and we all got pissed wet through (no cover in the stadium). Had a great night in a club in Vienna after the game, it was so good I don't really remember it.

That first one really is a classic retro pic,, who are the guys in the pic, where are they from..

rassclot said:
the plane i was on was delayed for hours because of a technical problem

Didn't think they'd invented 'technical problems' then. There was a time when stuff was broken and someone fixed it with a spanner and a big hammer. Other non-mechanical problems didn't exist like pilot feeling a bit poorly, fuel truck a bit overworked. Glad you enjoyed your day in the rain blue.

Carver said:
rassclot said:
the plane i was on was delayed for hours because of a technical problem

Didn't think they'd invented 'technical problems' then. There was a time when stuff was broken and someone fixed it with a spanner and a big hammer. Other non-mechanical problems didn't exist like pilot feeling a bit poorly, fuel truck a bit overworked. Glad you enjoyed your day in the rain blue.

dan-air had to fly a part out of manchester, get it fitted & finally take off. all of this took so long hence the number of pissed up blues when it finally took off!

i went with my elder bro i was 15 had to permission off school because i was doing my exams , flew out to vienna wed morn, sightseeing in afternoon, match at night pissed wet through, back to hotel , transport to airport back home manchester thur evening, missed homecoming in albert square, back school fri exam fri pm

trip cost £ 32 that was ticket , transfers, hotel overnight stay

seemed to remember programmes were free , got 2 gave one my mate back home collector item now

Me and my mate Lester Bebbington hitch-hiked there and back !!
Slept in the stadium 2 nights before and kipped on the pole vault matresses (the stadium was a multi sports venue) underneath the tunnels.
On the Tuesday we (Lester and me) managed to find where City were staying,a hotel way up in the mountains.
We then met Alan Oakes & Glyn Pardoe,as we know them personally and we had our photos taken (with Micky Doyle also) by a guy named Peter Potter from the Daily Mail.
We were then treated like royalty.The rest of the team heard about our trek and Big Malc invited us onto the team bus and watch them train.Can you imagine that as an 18 year old ??
Imagine my horror at seeing one of my heroes break down in tears when he failed a fitness test that afternoon.Buzzer.
Unfortunately, from a selfish point,that became the main headline the next day in all the papers,so me and Les,never had the "glamour" of being on the sports page of the Mail,with our photograph !!
More tales i could tell,but you`re probably bored by now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.