Did anyone on here attend the ECWC Final in 69?

Went with my dad from the City social club (Roy Clarke). Remember it was pouring down with rain, at full time I dropped the wall to get on to the pitch, spoke to a couple of players on the pitch before 3 or 4 of us had a pee in the centre circle, god I was a madhatter them days. My dad and I both got a programme each, which I still have. I am sure that on youtube I can see me on one of the videos, great day never to be forgotten. CTID.

As regards celebratory conceptions, what was the exact date of the final? I've had a scoot around, but the slow connection I've got here is leading me to punching the computer. Please help!

another generation said:
As regards celebratory conceptions, what was the exact date of the final? I've had a scoot around, but the slow connection I've got here is leading me to punching the computer. Please help!

29th april 1970
prater stadium, vienna, austria

vienna1t.jpg

Lads in the picture from left to right:
1. Graham MERCER (Great surname)
2. Glyn Johnson (Hitch-Hiked)
3. John Bowles (Hitch-Hiked)
4. Ian Kendrick (Now works in one of the hospitality suites)
5. Peter Shakeshaft (Once said follow me I know the way to Villa Park and took us to Birmingham's ground instead)
6. Alan Caddick

All great lads and we went to loads of away matches along with others who just couldn't afford the trip to Vienna.

I know my dad and grandad went I was only 2 and my brother had just been born, I have loads of programmes from the 50's through the 80's and my dad has a signed programme from this game in a frame at his home in the Isle of Man, think I will sneak it out of the house next time I visit.

Thanks to all who went to Vienna and have posted on this thread. Great stories and Gray those two snapshots are quality. It must have taken some planning to get around Europe even 40 years ago - makes me even more hungry for City to win something and share in these moments!

what a fantastic post and topic, please add my thanks to all of you who went and wrote your experiences on this thread
imagine what a great night it would be if a meeting was organised at the ground and all those that went could tell their stories while we all had a drink

Hi BOMBER one last picture from Vienna:
beryljoe1.jpg

My mother and Joe Mercer in the Vienna Woods on the day of the match, she will be 87 years old in November and apart from the young lad behind her she may be the only one still with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.