Did we win the premier league yesterday?

blue b4 the moon said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Can you imagine what the media would have been like this morning if Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or the rags had won the title? We'd have non-stop coverage featuring every ex-player and celebrity fan they could lay their hands on.

That's my point. I don't expect a wankfest but exposure brings new 'fans' which is relevant for FFP.

But would we want it any other way?

Was bad enough yesterday listening to Custis et al on Sunday Supplement, not sure if I could get use to them giving us credit!

The best team in the league wins the league.

That's it really. No great narrative for them to write about. No last day dramas. In a way its a bit of a complement.

Who are these Neutrals? Probably fans of Arsenal.
On the train home I got mobbed at Birmingham Moor street by Villa fans returning from the smoke congratulating us for beating the scousers to the title.
Similarly at the Hawthorns when a load of WBA fans got on after being in the pub for 3 hours after losing to stoke.

SS1 6pm tonite,end of season special
I'll be watching the parade so i'm taping it to watch tomorrow
It'll be as biased as hell but it'll be funny to see them hating us lol

BlueAnorak said:
On the train home I got mobbed at Birmingham Moor street by Villa fans returning from the smoke congratulating us for beating the scousers to the title.
Similarly at the Hawthorns when a load of WBA fans got on after being in the pub for 3 hours after losing to stoke.

Spot on mate!! Who the fuck are these neutrals?? If you go on any forum from any club barring Liverpool obviously, DID NOT want Liverpool to win the title!!! IMO this hatred goes back to the 80s as the Mickeys arrogance was all enveloping with the media fawning all over them, granted they were a top team but hearing "vintage Liverpool" for the 1000th time from Motson et al was tedious.

The press have manufactured these so called "neutrals" this time because they have put all their eggs in the Scouse basket and have invented this to give some shaky credence to their bullshit!

Saw Fraser Dainton (SSN) straight after the game and he looked major pissed off!! So I said to him it's not the fairy tale for youse biased scouse media is it our kid?! He just gave me a tired smirk but was well pissed off!! They are meant to be fucking impartial!!

lazza said:
It's a scandal how little coverage there's been, and a lot of what is written/said has to involve some crap on FFP.

And yes, I do partly agree that it shouldn't bother us, we won the league, and a lack of coverage is irrelevent.... except for the fact that City are going places, and if our plans for world domination are to go anywhere, then we need some positive coverage, whether we care or not. If the media keeps on with its bias and keeps on overlooking our achievements, we're going to continue to struggle to compete with the rags and scousers for the "outsde" support we need to bring in the money.
Spot on mate, they're quick enough to report all the bad stuff ie City getting done over FFP, or Coming live from outside a dark City training ground, when Balotelli and Mancini had a bit of trouble, yet not much about us winning the league. For me, if City aren't newsworthy as Champions, we shouldn't been at any other time too !

jaiden said:
colin's bell helmet said:
jaiden said:
I actually can't believe what JIM WHITE has been saying about us on the first 10 mins of the 10 o'clock show this morning. He's literally not stopped talking about our money and basically said we have cheated our way to the title. Ive had to tweet him telling him he's a wanker. What a fucking clown this guy is. It wouldn't be a disaster if his yellow tie strangles him
Let's hope you haven't tweeted Jim White...coz the tit presenting is called Nob...sorry...Rob Wootton or something....and agreed he sounded like an absolute fucking dick at the start of the programme.

FFS ! ROB WOOTON ! I KNEW JIM WHITE WAS A GOOD GUY ! I'll tweet that wanker instead ;)

Sad thing is, he is a Chelsea fan apparently

BlueAnorak said:

The Narrative had been written for a Liverpool win, and we have ruined it for them, not met one neutral that wanted Liverpool to win it

Same thing on the Daily Fail the day we won the League Cup. Within an hour our win was 3 pages down, and Fergiscum was on the top story lifting a trophy. English journalism is only surpassed by North Korea in terms of bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.