did you choose or was it bred into you?

blue mark said:
dad a blue, uncle played for city before going to live in australia,he died 5 years ago and his ashes were flown from australia and scattered at main road.

thats the way i want to go

My Dad is from Manchester and brought me up as a City fan.

Mum and Dad split up, me and mum and bro moved to Belfast and despite moving here as a 10 year old, just after the '86 World Cup, im proud to stay i stayed true in the face of the HUGE number of Utd and Liverpool fans over here

no choice what so ever. my great grandad set the ball rolling. he passed it on to my dad (my grandad had no interest in football so it skipped a generation) and he passed it onto me. me, my dad and uncle have had season tickets together for 25 years plus now.

blue mark said:
dad a blue, uncle played for city before going to live in australia,he died 5 years ago and his ashes were flown from australia and scattered at main road.

shouldn't that be Maine Road.

I thank my dad everyday for choosing my team for me

eiwk04.jpg

Bred for me.My dad was a steward at maine road and I used to go with him from the age of 5 and never looked back .

Alex Harley said:
First game I saw on TV was 1955 Cup Final
My Auntie had just bought a TV
City one down after 2 minutes lost a player after 15mins Bobby Johnstone equalised with a diving header just before half time
As the teams went off at half time the commentator pointed out the City fans were still cheering the goal From that moment I was blue but took 2 years before my mam would let me go to Maine Road(1957) v Wolves of course we lost but stood on the scoreboard end I was soon into all the chants etc
The cheerleader was a guy in a scruffy suit with elastoplast holding his glasses together.He started all the chants and songs 2-4 -6-8 who do we appreciate and we all shouted C-I-T-Y CITY. Wonderful memories
I have never forgot that day and have been a fanatical blue ever since
Both my sons are City fans also who like me now follow the team everywhere including Europe
A lot different in my day trips to Bilbao Lierse etc with just a handful of fans attending A far cry from Schalke this season
almost mirrors my experience same games etc. In the thirties my gran used to wash Cities kit and hang it out across John street in rusholme .my dad signed for Derby just before the war,he took me to mr and to Roy Clarkes sports shop on wilmslow rd. once a Blue, its very true

My parents are American, but they lived in England in the early 80's. After moving back across the pond, they kept in touch with old friends and a few years later decided to visit one who was living in Manchester. I was 8 and they took me to a city game, been a fan ever since.

So I don't know what that counts as lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.