did you choose or was it bred into you?

<Hangs head in shame> I used to be a rag.

Until I was about 6 or 7 and I realised all my rag mates were tossers and I preferred hanging around with my city mates. So I switched.

That was 42 years ago and I have never looked back.

Chippy_boy said:
<Hangs head in shame> I used to be a rag.

Until I was about 6 or 7 and I realised all my rag mates were tossers and I preferred hanging around with my city mates. So I switched.

That was 42 years ago and I have never looked back.

ditto.

my dad was a red and bought me the kit but it never felt right, even at the age of 7 i realised it was wrong and switched to the real club of manchester

dont even remeber choosin .... think the blues and me were ment to be ..... come on city

Bred. City in the blood.

Papa is a blue and the rest of the family couldn't care less about football, most of my mates are gloryhunters.

I think I chose City. Neither of my parents were interested in football or sport in general but Mum's side of the family came from Moss Side, all of 'em were rags except my uncle, who was City, he was a bit of a flash git and always in a 'spot of bother' with the law, pretty glamourous to an 8 yr old. So I just followed him really.
My mum still can't understand why I ended up choosing City and every once in a while, will pop up with a long winded explanation as to how it could have happened! Had some highs and lows with City for 20 odd years, but would't change it for the world. CTID

My house was a hodge podge of football fans. Dad was Norwich, Mum was liverpool, Sis was a gooner and Bro was sort've a Spurs fan (*pukes*). I started following City back in early 70's, can't exactly remember why but it had something to do with my hero's back then Colin Bell and later Rodney Marsh. In fact I was always "Rodney" when playing "wembley" in the school playground.

dad a blue, uncle played for city before going to live in australia,he died 5 years ago and his ashes were flown from australia and scattered at main road.

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
NathanC said:
Chose.

It was around the time the Rags won their treble, and every man and their dog was a "United" fan, so in typical NathanC fashion, I said I will support City.

And I have loved them ever since.

Just like when at 15 and Nathan's friend Coleman started to like boys, in typical NathanC fashion, he said "I now have a flaming poofter as a friend".

And Coleman has loved men ever since.

Fixed.

I chose - when I was about 5 I asked for a City kit for Christmas as I thought they were the coolest team at the time. Local teams were Blackburn and Bolton, none of my close family were into football so there was no influence that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.