did you choose or was it bred into you?

Mum and dad weren't really big into football. However, I was brought up (for the first 10 years anyway!) on Claremont Road (number 198, trivia fans), about 5 or 6 minutes walk from Maine Road. They were my local team; pestered Dad to take me when I was around 8 or 9, so off we went, with a little stool for me to stand on in the kippax. That was it; I was hooked!

Thirty three years ago ...Six years old loved the Blue shirt chose to support the boys.

Pure misery really ever since...loved every minute....I love my team !!!!!!

Another question to you with kids, nephews, nieces. Do you force it on them or let them decide?

My nephew is 2 and a half and already has every city kit out since he was born, got him singing 'we've got robinho' and his favourite colour is blue. Is that harsh? :D

Well I wasn't forced into it by my family. Mum's side are from Wigan and into the rugby. Dad's side are southerners and my dad supports Aylesbury United. So I had a choice, City or Rag.

But in many ways I don't think it was a choice, I think I was born to support City. Looking back it's as if I was destined to be blue. I can't really explain it but I don't think my personality would have suited the rags. Perhaps it has been City which has shaped me, who knows.

I think City chose me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.