did you choose or was it bred into you?

Well I wasn't forced into it by my family. Mum's side are from Wigan and into the rugby. Dad's side are southerners and my dad supports Aylesbury United. So I had a choice, City or Rag.

But in many ways I don't think it was a choice, I think I was born to support City. Looking back it's as if I was destined to be blue. I can't really explain it but I don't think my personality would have suited the rags. Perhaps it has been City which has shaped me, who knows.

I think City chose me.

i have massive extended family (55 first cousins) most are reds although one lot of cousins from Levvy, 8 of em !!!! (6 brothers 2 sisters) 4 are blues and 4 are M*****s, I tell you derby day at thier house was mental , it was like a scene from shamless :-@ , i first started going in 1971 as a 7 yr old one of my aunties lived on lloyd st. south and she loved city although all of her kids ( 5 of em) and my uncle were all reds. I only had one grandparent alive when i was growing up and although he wasnt too much into football he hated utd with a passion. He used to take me into a pub in rochdale were a few m******* met before games , he didnt like the pub he just wanted to go in and wind em up ;-)

Dad was a rag me & are kid ctid best about bein a city fan u don't know whot the f--k will happen next . Been like that for 52yrs i been watch them thngs can only get better said that in the 50s 60s---80s 90s &today but they will !!!!! best goal seen law man puttin scum down

went to claremont road school and lived in moss side as a kid , first match at three years of age and didnt have a choice after that.Many years later and now in Cheshire its still the same apart from missing the old place of course

I was a sort of rag you could say when I was younger. Id just moved house and had no interest in football. Also every one of my new mates were rags so I just went along with the supporting the scum. Not avidly, but, you know... None of my family like football but for my three uncles. They had a spare ticket for game against Rotherham so they took me. I think we won 2 or 3-1. Ive still got the scarf they bought me. Since then ive been a blue and im just so happy to be a City fan. im 17 now and this is my 5th season as a seasoncard holder.

*Awaits the ex-rag comments*

chose, could'nt decide just who to follow so i just thought i'd pick city

like fuck who the hell CHOOSES 40odd years of absolute chaos:) love it.

My grandad brought me up and he was a rag. We moved to Kippax St in 1979, and he took me to the front gates.of Maine Road when i was a nipper,and told me . Your going to grow up round here lad this is your team for ever more. He was a top class manc. Niceone grandad R.I.P.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.