Did you ever think it would be this good?

I must be honest but IMO I have never seen such an improvement in an entire team just by the signing of one player.Foden now looks like the real deal, Gundog is now drawing level with KDB, Bernie is pure quality only one player has not improved he has just stayed at the same level,still good but I am sure he will be the next one down the rd.and its all because we signed one player he has that many players marking him that so much space is being created for the rest of the team at this moment in time we are seeing the greatest City team ever, but what has made my day was seeing the pic of Iniesta and his family, imagine his young son wearing a city strip who would have thought it I was 80yo last month and I am still attending many games never thought I would see this day.Oh happy days.

Honestly thought the fa cup win then the league under Mancini was reaching the top but it’s only got far far better and now I’m greedy for more but first I want pep to sign a new contract..

I've been an eternal optimist with City so the Mansour takeover definitely induced high hopes but no guarantees. I could not have predicted that the club would have been run as well as it has been, that the owner would have a vision and long-term strategy that would be so well executed.

Even so we have had bumps along the way but as someone who watched Pep's Barcelona (on TV) an awful lot, I did not expect to see a team anywhere that would rival them; now I am not so sure. As soon as it became clear Pep would leave Barca, I hoped that we would one day bring him here but to have had the privelge to watch his team first hand for more years than expected has been something very special.

We all know the one thing needed to complete the dream.

never in my wildest dreams.
i like watching football, not shit bust and hoof but passing the ball. We all know the teams since the 70s we have seen in world cups and across Europe. make the ball do the work they said.
Now i am watching live this pass pass pass, average players develop in to class players, class players getting even better. The infrastructure of the club is the best in the world. We now sell high and buy low, players want to play for us.
I also didnt think if we had success that our owners would stay so long. But they have and we are way way ahead of the wolves / chelsea / Leicester / Newcastle take overs. Then you have the rags over the road thinking they where on to a winner floating on the stock market, well it went wrong.

On the 1st September 2008 we all dreamed big, but did you ever in your wildest dreams believe we would see what we have in the last few seasons?
It's frikin ridiculous to think how far we have come from exactly 14 years ago today!

Not at all. I was just relieved the financial mess of Shinawatra was over.

When we were knocked out in the League Cup semi by United I thought we were doomed to miss out for ever more. Even in the first year or so of the takeover, I would think to myself that I would be forever grateful to simply get to a cup final.

Fast forward a couple of years later to the end of the FA Cup semi against United, I felt we would win maybe a couple of cups.

So to answer your question....no. :)

Totally surpassed my expectations.

The standard set is beyond or certainly as equal to the teams who dominated in 80s and 90s where they beat teams for fun. Teams dread coming to the Etihad.

One man doesn’t make a team but signing Haaland has raised the bar even higher.

I must be honest but IMO I have never seen such an improvement in an entire team just by the signing of one player.Foden now looks like the real deal, Gundog is now drawing level with KDB, Bernie is pure quality only one player has not improved he has just stayed at the same level,still good but I am sure he will be the next one down the rd.and its all because we signed one player he has that many players marking him that so much space is being created for the rest of the team at this moment in time we are seeing the greatest City team ever, but what has made my day was seeing the pic of Iniesta and his family, imagine his young son wearing a city strip who would have thought it I was 80yo last month and I am still attending many games never thought I would see this day.Oh happy days.
Games we've been treated to in the last couple of weeks does make you realize how impressive Pep and the lads have been for two seasons playing basically without a striker. European semi finals and finals, back to back league titles, cup semi finals and finals, basically with the handbreak on.

Last edited:
So pleased I found my home at Maine Rd ,as a kid in the late fifties ,(yes I am that old) especially with no family interest in football, and all the other kids going for the otherside. Even as a twelve year old the sycophantic grovelling of all the papers for the D/S irritated.
Fast forward to 93'20 ,the joy of that moment, and since then the heights we have reached is incredible, the football played bears very little resemblance to those days,( a goalkeeper outside his area ,a full back crossing the halfway line) plus all the trophies,all done with such class and elegance.Thank you City ,I knew I was right.

I'm pretty sure I'll have written this before but I used to have written in my Will that they had to play Abide With Me at my funeral as I suspected my blue mates would never hear it at Wembley and I thought it was only fair that they got to hear it in a "crowd" (term used loosely, I'm not that popular). So no, I never expected this!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.