Did you ever think it would be this good?

I remember after beating Stoke my daughter was in tears as we were going down to div 3,my grandad said to her dont worry one day they will be playing Real Madrid and Barca.I know they were words of comfort.Just hope to god he is getting to see this up there with all the other blues who have not completed the journey with us.
He loved City with all his heart and is the reason we are all blues.No matter how we were doing he was always excited on match day.

Don’t think you can really properly prepare for what we have all witnessed these last 12 years,I sort of had a good idea that we had very good owners once Khaldoon came onboard,he exudes class and earns respect for the way he has ran the club from the top,we are blessed to have these people running our club.

I started to believe as we gradually got better and better, at club level more than the team level at first. Then I feared the hateful 8, UEFA and the shithousery of other European clubs would eventually fulfill their desired and put an end to us. But we rode their wave of jealousy and became the greatest club in the modern era, if not ever in terms of how we are ran and what we have done on the pitch consistently.

On the 1st September 2008 we all dreamed big, but did you ever in your wildest dreams believe we would see what we have in the last few seasons?
It's frikin ridiculous to think how far we have come from exactly 14 years ago today!
Never imagined it and feel blessed to see it. Last night, after each goal, you could just see people craning their necks at the screens in awe at this pinball wizardry we're producing. It's not so much the silverware, but the chapter that's being written in the play. This is why when people call City fans 'glory hunters' it winds me up no end. How we can be glory hunters and have 'empty seats' at the same time? We are neither, we are a true people's club that came through and came good. Apart from the fact all the Rags my age I know only started supporting United in the early 90s, whether City are successful or not, they would still be my local team. They represent the streets I walk, but even that's only part of it. Winning makes following City easier it's true but that's not what's it's about. Whether you are from Gorton, Manchester or Gorton, Massachusetts, we all feel a personal connection with the colours and the story. And we should never feel guilty for being successful. I've told my kids, thirty years from now, when you're my age, Pep will have long retired and things may be very different, so don't think City is about winning by four, five, six goals every game. But enjoy these times because they will sustain you through whatever the future holds. How many Blues saw Bell and Summerbee as kids and never fell out of love however bad things became? These times are there to remind us how great we are, and how great we can be, even when we're not great!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.