Diego Carlos

He looks like he goes to ground far too often to me, and massive money after 1 good stand out season in Spain is exactly the Otamendi situation, but at the end of the day, he's good enough with his feet and he's got pace.

Ultimately I really think that if you're fast enough to not be exposed by the high line, and good enough on the ball to not be a liability in possession, you'll be good enough in this side to partner Laporte.

Koulibaly, Carlos, anyone else...as long as they've got pace I'm going to be fine with it.

An interesting option with Sevilla is that they're losing Reguillon at LB and we have one of the most promising young LB's in the world in Angelino on our books. €75m for Carlos with €25m for Angelino immediately following it would suit everyone IMO.

I could see he was right-footed and still gravitates to the left side?

I just don't think our defence can afford to carry passengers or wait for them to learn on the job next season.

Ake is perfect back-up for the left side.
It's just like Koulibaly. If you've only got right footed center halves, you'd put your most capable one on the left side. Diego Carlos would surely come here to play on the right side. I'm sure he's played on the right side plenty of times since he's been a kid until now.

You mention learning their job, but truth be told, any defender would have to learn the monumental task of Pep's system regardless.

He looks like he goes to ground far too often to me, and massive money after 1 good stand out season in Spain is exactly the Otamendi situation, but at the end of the day, he's good enough with his feet and he's got pace.

Ultimately I really think that if you're fast enough to not be exposed by the high line, and good enough on the ball to not be a liability in possession, you'll be good enough in this side to partner Laporte.

Koulibaly, Carlos, anyone else...as long as they've got pace I'm going to be fine with it.

An interesting option with Sevilla is that they're losing Reguillon at LB and we have one of the most promising young LB's in the world in Angelino on our books. €75m for Carlos with €25m for Angelino immediately following it would suit everyone IMO.

This lad is a pacy Otamendi, not sure if Pep would want a bull in a china shop with limited skill but he needs pace for the high back line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.