Diego Carlos

Agree with the sentiment that he just seems too rash and I don’t think that’s an easy trait to coach out.

A lot of similarities with Otamendi, but with added pace and physicality.

Not necessarily the worst thing given Ota has been successful with us and Carlos would essentially be an improved version, but I think the draw backs are apparent given the issues we have had with him.

We need a calming influence injected into our back line and I don’t think this guy will offer that compared to a player like Koulibaly.

He is absolutely brainless, but quick. Not sure he is the right man considering how reckless he is.

By the end of these European mini tournaments people will be begging us to sign Ryan Shawcross the way our targets are shitting the bed.

I thought he was brillaint after the penalty. Made 3 or 4 perfect tackles inside his own box with Greenwood and Martial running at him at pace. Made some big interceptions and blocks too.

He was rash early on but really after the first 20 mins was very good, and calm when it mattered. Perhaps a sign of his inexperience at this stage.

He'd improve our defence. Not sure he's the best option out there.

A poor man's Marquinhos. Brazil always produces this kind of CBs. Fast, good on the ball, but absolutely brainless like David Luiz OR excessively aggressive ones like Thiago Silva. Diego Carlos seems like a mix of both. Marquinhos did improve a lot in the past couple seasons and seems to be an exception to this rule. I wonder how much he'd cost to sign?
We won’t sign from PSG for political reasons so he needs to go somewhere else first or run his contract down

We won’t sign from PSG for political reasons so he needs to go somewhere else first or run his contract down

So he's out of the equation completely. He's 26 and his contract runs until 2024, when he'll be 30...
De Ligt and Giménez are quite dominant as well, but they're way more expensive. So I really think Upamecano is the one we should be going for.

I
So he's out of the equation completely. He's 26 and his contract runs until 2024, when he'll be 30...
De Ligt and Giménez are quite dominant as well, but they're way more expensive. So I really think Upamecano is the one we should be going for.
Upamecano or KK, at this point I prefer KK we just need someone who is a leader

I

Upamecano or KK, at this point I prefer KK we just need someone who is a leader

I really like Koulibaly but... I don't think he'll be a leader for us. He'll be a new player, who never played the PL (only played Ligue 1 and Serie A) and who probably doesn't even speak english (fluently). Same goes for Upamencano of course. But he's 21 and KK is 29, meaning in 4-5 years Upamecano could be a real leader and in 4-5 years Koulibaly will be retired or too bad for us.

On the other hand KK would probably form a good centre back double with Laporte, given that they both speak french. But so does Upamecano.
A Laporte-Koulibaly pair would last 3-4 years, a Laporte-Upamecano pair would last 7-8 years.
Koulibaly will cost 65M-80M, Upamecano will cost 70M-90M but this could be less if we throw Angeliño in the deal.
Koulibaly is getting 250k/week at Napoli; Upamecano is getting 50k/week at Leipzig so he'd be way cheaper even with a considerable raise if we signed him.

For me it's a no brainer. There's no way we can get a fully-developed leader right now, they're all taken: Virgil, Ramos, Maguire, Giménez, Bonucci...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.