Diego Carlos

Just been watching clips of him and I can't believe I didn't realise he was the player involved in this hysterical incident with (now former) referee Tony Chapron:

I remember when it happened a couple of years ago. Fucking hysterical.
The little kick out by the ref hahaha never seen that before brilliant

starting to like the look of diego the more i watch some videos of him to be honest. Seems quick and strong as fuck.

2017/18 was his best season, but even there he made some serious mistakes. Take a look at the CL 2nd leg vs. Scousers. But early-mid season when we really won the title (and before his injury), Stone was outstanding or both club and country and IMO more important than Otamendi. Look back at the BM post match threads from that year and you will see that. Even articles at the time in praise of him were fairly guarded in their assessment of him as a defender. Case in point:
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/392865/nicolas-otamendi-premier-league-pass-record/

Overall, the PL cupboard was fairly bare of central defenders at that time (Van Dijk still stuck in a leaky Southampton defence at that time) so yes he shone in a pretty dull sky. And that's one season out of five.

2018/19, sorry he was not solid. He started less than half the games and Pep did not pick him for virtually any big game coming into the season end. Fortunately Kompany was fit again to partner Laporte or the Scousers would have won the title comfortably.

I do think it is time to sell Ota but I will remember him as an excellent servant for the club. He is now targeted somewhat because of his lack of pace: teams know that sitting deep and catching on a pacy counter is the only route to likely success against us and it is his personal Achille's heel. Playing so sporadically also does not allow him to get used to the rhythm of a colleague and that is something he needs as his physical powers are not top-notch.

I do think it is time to sell Ota but I will remember him as an excellent servant for the club. He is now targeted somewhat because of his lack of pace: teams know that sitting deep and catching on a pacy counter is the only route to likely success against us and it is his personal Achille's heel. Playing so sporadically also does not allow him to get used to the rhythm of a colleague and that is something he needs as his physical powers are not top-notch.
Agreed

starting to like the look of diego the more i watch some videos of him to be honest. Seems quick and strong as fuck.
Yeah his physique is outta this world and he's fast as fuck it looks like.

Guy's muscles are very cut, probably why so many Google pics of him he has his shirt off to show off.

He's got the body and speed, but does he have a brain is the question

Few comparisons to who we have and who else we are linked with

Diego Carlos(35 appearances) - Won 61% of his aerial duels, 84% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 50%, made 35 tackles and was dribbled past 10 times

Fernandinho(28 appearances at CB) - Won 59% of his aerial duels, 89% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 46 tackles and was dribbled past 14 times

Laporte(15 appearances) - Won 65% of his aerial duels, 92% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 13 tackles and was dribbled past 5 times

Eric Garcia(13 appearances) - Won 35% of his aerial duels, 93% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 6 tackles and was dribbled past 4 times

Nathan Ake(29 appearances) - Won 50% of his aerial duels, 87% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 50%, made 31 tackles and was dribbled past 9 times

Kalidou Koulibaly(24 appearances) - Won 57% of his aerial duels, 91% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 67%, made 50 tackles and was dribbled past 11 times

Milan Skriniar(31 appearances) - Won 50% of his aerial duels, 92% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 69%, made 38 tackles and was dribbled past 18 times

Pau Torres(34 appearances) - Won 43% of his aerial duels, 85% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 59%, made 34 tackles and was dribbled past 8 times

Ruben Dias(33 appearances) - Won 60% of his aerial duels, 88% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 44 tackles and was dribbled past 9 times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.