Diego novaretti

zeven said:
mattyctid said:
Left footer, replacement for Lescott? bit risky to get rid of both Kolo and Joleon in one window.
I bet my life its not Mancinis choice to let Lescott leave. its entirely Lescott own choice.
So like Dejong but about playing time not money.

True, and I suppose if he wants out, best to get a fee for him before leaving for nothing next summer.

mattyctid said:
Left footer, replacement for Lescott? bit risky to get rid of both Kolo and Joleon in one window.

If Lescott stays he won't be going to the World Cup, Kolo - whilst he has given us great service and we are deeply thankful for that - has come to the end of his time at City, time to move on.

The future of City is top class young hungry players, and Nastasic fits that mould perfectly! We still have the best defence again this season and Matija has played a huge part in making that happen, if anything I rate him as our best center back this season.

sam-caddick said:
mattyctid said:

If Lescott stays he won't be going to the World Cup, Kolo - whilst he has given us great service and we are deeply thankful for that - has come to the end of his time at City, time to move on.

The future of City is top class young hungry players, and Nastasic fits that mould perfectly! We still have the best defence again this season and Matija has played a huge part in making that happen, if anything I rate him as our best center back this season.

agree about nasty, I think he will go to the very top, onwards and upwards, the future is blue

I know nothing about him so I'm not expecting anything from him. Anybody know if he can also play left back? Could be a good move if he can for playing against teams with hight.

It's not that risky signing him on a free, it could work out and we've saved ourselves £15M or he could play 0 games for us and it's no real loss. The only problem might be if we put a lot of faith in him (while letting Lescott and Toure leave) and he doesn't deliver. Although, if both of them leave, I expect a young centre back (similar to Nastasic) to join as well.

I trust the management and scouts to pick players to join our club and if he doesn't work out it might give Dzeko/Nasri/Kolarov a break from being the fall guys!

Daz_Blue said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-diego-novaretti-1860797

Mirror has the story now

Manchester City are close to signing Argentine defender Diego Novaretti, according to reports in Italy.

Sky Italia have reported that Novaretti, who plays for Toluca in Mexico, will move to the Etihad on a free transfer with his current contract expiring next month.

The tall centre back, 27, is nicknamed 'skinny' in Latin America due to his frame, and as well as being comfortable on the ball, Novaretti is at home in a back three or four - fitting in with Roberto Mancini's plans for greater tactical flexibility in the upcoming campaign.

Having begun his career at Belgrano in Argentina, Novaretti excelled in the second tier of Argentine football, attracting interest from clubs in Mexico and Brazil as well as the traditional Argentine grandes, Boca Juniors and River Plate.

However, with the club qualifying for the playoffs and dreaming of the top flight, Novaretti walked out of the club.

They lost their decisive tie with Rosario Central and the defender used a highly controversial 'triangulation' technique - denounced by Argentine authorities for avoiding taxes - to get his registration out the country and to sign for Toluca.

The acrimonious departure was further worsened in 2012, when Belgrano's general assembly and a members vote declared Novaretti a 'persona non grata' at the club, banning him permanently from returning to the club in any capacity.

The Mexicans paid US$2million to a third party and the player to secure his signature in the summer of 2009 and since donning the red shirt he has become a regular in a successful three-and-a-half-years at the club.

Having appeared regularly in the Copa LIibertadores - South America's highest level of club competition - Europe was the next obvious step, but a move to Manchester City has taken back even his biggest fans in Mexico.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.