Diego novaretti

He obviously is a technical defender.
And for free, thats great.
His recklessness worries me along with his card accumulation. Kompany makes some really rash tackles sometimes and we dont need 2 of those.
I suspect however that this will be made clear to him, hopefully its not too late to change at 27.
He seems like a big (no pun intended) character though and it could be good for the squad

GX Blue said:
without a dream said:
The most impressive thing about Mancini is his ability to turn decent defenders into good ones so hopefully this fella is half decent and we've got ourselves some solid back up for free.

Really? I dont share that opinion.
Mancini outer, I suppose?

Zaba turned from "fringe player" to "vice-captain".
Clichy played better than he ever did for Arsenal, Gooners can confirm.
Kompany turned into arguably, one of the league's best defender.
Kolo/Lescott looked shite before Mancini arrived.

I don't know about attackers or what not, but when it comes to defenders and defensive play, our manager knows his stuff.

I only pray that this Novaretti don't turn out to be a Mertesacker, cuz he surely looks the sort.

Akira said:
GX Blue said:
without a dream said:
The most impressive thing about Mancini is his ability to turn decent defenders into good ones so hopefully this fella is half decent and we've got ourselves some solid back up for free.

I don't know about attackers or what not, but when it comes to defenders and defensive play, our manager knows his stuff.

I only pray that this Novaretti don't turn out to be a Mertesacker, cuz he surely looks the sort.

Only deez

Akira said:
GX Blue said:
without a dream said:

This. Barry and Richards have looked very good under Mancini as well, not forgetting turning Yaya from a very good defensive midfielder/ defensive cover player to arguably the best box to box midfielder in Europe.

GX Blue said:
without a dream said:

What??
Lescott - was poor under Hughes, turned into first team league winning centre-back
Kompany - Good player, but Mancini has turned him into one of (if not the) best defender in Europe
Zabaleta - Under Hughes he was a decent player at best, now in PFA team of the season
Richards - Improved significantly as a right-back
Clichy - had a very poor season for him at Arsenal before he joined, now is one of the best ever at City
Hart - Decent keeper out on loan, brought back and Mancini put faith in him and now he's England's no. 1 and possibly the best in the league
Yaya - A defensive midfielder struggling to get in the Barca team, now one of the most feared players in Europe
Barry - Improved due to his strengthened relationship with Yaya

Even Kolarov and Kolo have improve, but not by very much.
Nastasic is sure to become world-class and has been improving all season.

I Just want to add one tiny little thing.
Mancini have made our defense the best in the league second season running.
But thats down ot our players being good right? oh wait.

Akira said:
GX Blue said:
without a dream said:

Arguabley one of the best defenders in Europe would be a more suitable statement. I wouldnt swap Vinny for any other PL centre half

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.