Diego novaretti

Direct replacement for Kolo.

If a free transfer means any money we spend will be in Midfield and attack (hopefully)

If Kolo and Lescott leave I suspect we might get 2 in 1 experienced ie this one and 1 up and coming that Greek bloke from Schalke or the 1 from Brazil who,s name sounds like a cocktail

Akira said:
I only pray that this Novaretti don't turn out to be a Mertesacker, cuz he surely looks the sort.

every club in the entire world would take a player of Mertesacker's caliber on a free transfer.

Don't confuse that with he should be a starting CB for a wannabe European powerhouse, but Mertesacker is an ok CB.

Andouble said:
Akira said:
I only pray that this Novaretti don't turn out to be a Mertesacker, cuz he surely looks the sort.

every club in the entire world would take a player of Mertesacker's caliber on a free transfer.

Don't confuse that with he should be a starting CB for a wannabe European powerhouse, but Mertesacker is an ok CB.
Yes. Been very good since January.

This could be like that argentinian right-back/midfielder last summer who sources said was signing but nothing happened in the end.

Never heard of the guy, and it seems he is here to provide cover with Kolo leaving.
I remember when we sold Corluka, and we signed some lad I'd never heard of called Zabaleta.
I remember being gutted at the time.

I don't think we should write him off yet. I think if he is bought, Maicon stays and Richards becomes 2nd choice RB/CB that would work. I don't like the idea of buying that young greek lad and wasting him on the bench, same goes for Marquinhos. Nastasic + Kompany pairing works. It doesn't need improving.

Noveratti obviously wouldn't complain about sitting on the bench, but he would know that he'll get the odd premier league game here and there and FA/Capital One cup matches (especially if City get a fairly easy selection of teams to play like this year).

And he does have some technique...!

Lomas has a lob on said:
Never heard of the guy, and it seems he is here to provide cover with Kolo leaving.
I remember when we sold Corluka, and we signed some lad I'd never heard of called Zabaleta.
I remember being gutted at the time.
Zaba was a full international he'd captained a youth side to a world championship and was being coveted by juventus Hardly unknown.

Jack Wills said:
Kijin said:
No caps for his national side huh? That can't be a good sign. Considering Albiceleste don't have that many Good CB's at their disposal (Maybe Garay and Campagnaro).

Hope for the best!

That doesn't sound too promising does it. If we lose Kolo and Lescott and get this guy that seems like a big backward step to me. Of course, I haven't seen him play, never heard of him, but surely we should be looking at players good enough to have a fair few international caps! I thought we were meant to be after that Greek centre-back from Schalke?

But you have heard of the Greek guy who's name you don't know.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.