Different generations & relationships

I had a brutal father who regularly battered my Mum. She finally kicked him out when I was about 10 and me and my sister were brought up both in extreme poverty and in chaos as my Mum had a severe mental illness and died when she was 45. However that doesnt mean I'm like my father or relationships are mainly like her abusive one.
That's the sadness of it for my mum,she couldn't be convinced to put herslf out there to look for love again.I'm very sorry about your mum

That's the sadness of it for my mum,she couldn't be convinced to put herslf out there to look for love again.I'm very sorry about your mum

And me for yours too. I suppose my point is that even after the worst experiences you have to move on and not let it scar you. What you shouldn't do is become bitter about everyone and everything.

That's the way it should be. Not happy anymore? Split amicably and move on and find someone who does make you happy. The absolute worst thing you could do is stay with someone who makes you unhappy as that is when cheating and lying and messy divorces and all that lovely stuff happens.

I went to parents evening tonight with Mrs ww the second.

All civil and respectful but took years to get here.

I have missed out not bringing up the kids with their mother and so have they and her.

Yes in my opinion. I agree with the op. You should really try and make it work if you have kids.

Better to bring them up together and be as stable as possible and work at it. Think people give up too easily.
Totally agree mate i had a stable upbringing with a loving mum & dad, i spilt with my ex wife 16yrs ago when our son was 3yrs old, still eats away at me now he hasn’t had the love of both parents together

Totally agree mate i had a stable upbringing with a loving mum & dad, i spilt with my ex wife 16yrs ago when our son was 3yrs old, still eats away at me now he hasn’t had the love of both parents together

Me too, I split when he was 5 instigated by my ex. I still feel guilty even though I had little choice and it’s 20 years later. To be fair to her though we did stick together for 2/3 years longer than she wanted to see if it could work out.

And me for yours too. I suppose my point is that even after the worst experiences you have to move on and not let it scar you. What you shouldn't do is become bitter about everyone and everything.

If you’ve come through your experience without being scarred you’ve done brilliantly, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.