Dimitri Seluk (Yaya's agent)

yaya was signed by manchester city to put us back on the map and with the others we have won everything in england and now on a level with the best in europe. so the money does not count for me like the rest it was job done we are now a major power on and off the field of play

again i will say it yaya was the key to winning silverware a big time player who come's up with the goals and when looking back manchester city fans will see yaya score BIG GOALS. a player that time and history was written in manchester city history books forget the money nobody care's when looking back

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk

It's fine having an opinion, however, to suggest the man has been a peripheral figure is damn right laughable.... Lambaste the mans off the field attitude, his agent etc, but never forget the impact this man has had on it. The most unique player the prem has ever seen and but for off the field shenanigans, would be regarded by one and all as city's greatest ever player.... It's not even debatable for me!!!

Completely agree. Yes, his agent and off field antics have been deplorable, but should not detract from his contribution on the field. In my opinion Yaya is the most important signing we have made since the takeover. The thing that impressed me most about Yaya is his passing range, left footed, right footed etc, technically superb.

Whether Yaya will stick around under Pep remains to be seen, but if he does it wouldn't surprise me if he plays the same sort of role Alonso did under Pep at Bayern. Yaya has a great passing range, whether he has the application is probably the big question.

He virtually carried us over the line in 2014 but then went on to spoil the celebrations by way of Agent Seluk. Even if Seluk was only speaking for himself, Yaya did nothing to defuse the situation by saying "Seluk speaks for me" and then producing two years of moderate form, by his standards. From that I can only deduce that either player or agent, or both, want a transfer but the problem here is that Yaya is priced out of the market by his high wage demands and by his oddball agent's fees. The evidence for this is seen by the lack of a queue for Yaya's services.

After decades of not winning anything I made a bet with my mates I would get myself a City tattoo if we would win any silverware. So in a way it was Yaya's goal vs Stoke that made me get one.

On a more serious note, I can understand Yaya is not everyones favorite player. But to be blind to the fantastic moments and big game performances he gave us is poor to say the least. And with Pep coming in I wouldn't mind one bit if Yaya would stay for another year if he can come close to the Yaya in Pellegrini's and our title winning season 13-14. How good was Yaya that year, by far the best all round midielder to be seen for a long time.

The Crystal Palace away game in 2014, that put us right back in it. Watch Yaya play the ball to Nasri, who plays it straight back to him. Nasri knows ! He just knows. Off sets Yaya…
One of City's all time greats, whether he stays or goes. Forget agents, money, "laziness", birthday cakes, and all such side issues. He's not beyond criticism, far from it, but we should have the good grace to recognize him for what he is and has been.

Odd that isn't it? One of the best players in the world, up there with Messi and tranny, the heartbeat of the team etc. Not bothered about how much money he gets paid. Just wants to be loved and respected. Much better than Aubamanyang .
I wonder why all the biggest and best clubs in the world haven't snapped him up ?

The Crystal Palace away game in 2014, that put us right back in it. Watch Yaya play the ball to Nasri, who plays it straight back to him. Nasri knows ! He just knows. Off sets Yaya…
One of City's all time greats, whether he stays or goes. Forget agents, money, "laziness", birthday cakes, and all such side issues. He's not beyond criticism, far from it, but we should have the good grace to recognize him for what he is and has been.
Perfectly put. He's undoubtedly in our top 5 players EVER, some could argue he's been the very best. Unfortunately I seem to agree with those that think his time here has come to an end, it's just a shame it isn't necessarily an amicable one.

Simply, he's a bit of a knob, but an excellent footballer, an icon. He's been the architect of a huge pot of memories we'll all enjoy for years to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.