Dimitri Seluk (Yaya's agent)

Could be a wise move by City this.
Toure obviously wants us to pay off his last year so taking a pay cut at his next club won't affect him. That's not going to happen. We then release a story that he's a big part of Pep's plans, so he can't then say he's being driven out and disrespected.
I think if he intends to carry on causing trouble, Pep and the rest of the management will hang him out to dry.

so waste a squad spot which could go to someone that would help us win trophies to try and win a petty squabble. Pay him off, let him go and give a top class midfielder his spot, instead of throwing away our trophy aspirations because we have to carry him because we chose to keep him.

I suppose the club could think it's the lesser of two evils. Either give him his £10m and let him play for someone else. Or, pay him his £10m but keep him here but not play him, thus ending his career as punishment for all the shit from him and his agent.

Show him this, he will be off in a flash...

c3a8dd7524fe7981534c74ff5d0b8f7e.jpg
Pimp can smell this cake is not for real. Made in China.

He has had a big offer from China but won't go there,he has had talks with Roma and Inter but won't lower his wage demands so hence he is staying for his last year,no talks of a new contract that's why his agent is being a dick
Or as I said a few minutes ago, don't allocate him a squad place which is within City's rights given the expectation of new players taking our overseas number beyond 17. By doing this, he can hang around for the rest of his contract but unless he accepted that no playing time for another year would end his career, then hopefully good sense would prevail and he would move away.

Or as I said a few minutes ago, don't allocate him a squad place which is within City's rights given the expectation of new players taking our overseas number beyond 17. By doing this, he can hang around for the rest of his contract but unless he accepted that no playing time for another year would end his career, then hopefully good sense would prevail and he would move away.
Constructive dismissal or some such. would end up with a contract termination. Can't remember the case but it happened with another player not too long ago. Would probably play into their hands.

Was freakishly good in 13/14 especially
and always felt we should've cashed in
then..He was only going to get worse.
Dont get why him and his agent act as
as if they're doing the club a favour by
being here..Its a contracted job he is
been employed to do and is paid big
bucks..At the back of my mind,I'll always
remember him as a mercenary.

Constructive dismissal or some such. would end up with a contract termination. Can't remember the case but it happened with another player not too long ago. Would probably play into their hands.

I’m not aware of a case that went to court but this must be an issue. However it links in with Premier League and UEFA squad rules. I.E if we lost an employment case linked to the restrictions on squad lists would we then not have a case to sue UEFA or the PL for implementing a rule that was effectively contradictory to employment law. There are lots of legal uncertainties in football as the governing bodies are not in sync with common law.
RE Yaya I’d take it on. Football is awash with cash and while I don’t expect a fee for him we should not be paying him off.

Ok Seluk is a dick, no doubt, but try looking at it from Yaya's perspective. His remaining contract guarantees him the right to another 12 mio, or whatever his ridiculous wages are. Why should he throw this out of the window? Wherever he goes this summer the new financial package must at least guarantee him the 12 mio plus a fee for his idiot of an agent. And let's just for the sake of argument say he really does not want to go and live in China (I wouldn't either), then it gets difficult doesn't it? Inter is not gonna commit 12+ mio to sign him, and who can blame them. We are the fools to have given Yaya such a monster contract. I guess this poker game is going to take time.

Ok Seluk is a dick, no doubt, but try looking at it from Yaya's perspective. His remaining contract guarantees him the right to another 12 mio, or whatever his ridiculous wages are. Why should he throw this out of the window? .

He shouldn't......unless he wants to break that contract, in which case.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.