Dinamo Zagreb (a) post-match thread

foden easily Motm

great to see zinchenko back - but where will he play..If Pep is determined to persist with Mendy and Angelino will we see him get a go in his natural attacking midfield position?

Good to see the young lads get some time - personally would like to see more of Taylor HB (hopefully int he FAC/league cup)

Bernardo seemed to be more himself in the second half which is encouraging

GabrielJesus - got the goals he needs...but he still needs to kick on and be a lot more consistent and do it when it matters most.

Mendy -the guy still cannt defend and when he does its half arsed but at lest he put in a few good crosses tonight for the first time since his return
You didn't watch the game properly then hey because he lost the ball near the hallway line and tracked him back and made a good tackle give him a break for fuck sake

Nice finishing from Jesus, Mendy was very very good down the left, and Foden added some Excellent energy and genuine attacking threat as opposed to just keeping the ball for the hell of it. rest of the midfield/attack were very much as they have been for the past few months, slow, ponderous, no purpose in their play. Garcia and the defence had nothing to do, cancelo very quiet going forward compared to mendy.

Still disagree hugely with the squad he took out there unnecessarily but I suppose it proved a half useful experiment to see a slight change in formation once zinchenko came on.

Foden is going to feel deflated when he puts in a performance like that and still finds himself second reserve on the bench on Sunday
Yeah, it will be Gundogan next to De Bruyne guaranteed.

How the fuck was that prick not given a straight red for the elbow on Rodri? I thought possible red card challenges were reviewed.
They do get reviewed. But....
Page 24, Paragraph 3 in the "UEFA Book of corruption" clearly states,
'Any violent/malicious elbow to the face on a Manchester City player 'does not' get reviewed by VAR! Nor does it give Manchester City a free kick by the corrupt match officials. Any VAR review to benefit Manchester City FC will not be tolerated and match mday officials will be withdrawn from their roles.

We did absolutely nothing for the first 35 minutes. The game was making me fall asleep it was that bad.

Then they tried to hack Foden down and we scored after not kicking the ball out (we did the right thing, should never kick the ball out!) and they moaned like fuck at the ref, and we realised that we were there to play a game of football and woke up.

From then on we were slick and controlled the game. Foden was very good, Jesus too. Mendy had his best game for god knows how long. Good from the young centre halves.

Mahrez and Cancelo were poor on the right.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a more certain red card not given. Not even a booking. Not even a free kick! Quite astonishing, it was a shocking elbow!

You didn't watch the game properly then hey because he lost the ball near the hallway line and tracked him back and made a good tackle give him a break for fuck sake

he shouldnt have made the mistake in the first place....it was his poor control again that led to that...

He also shirks tackles and goes out to block crosses half arsed - he idd it a number of times today....these are constant issues with him....you may not like ti but its the truth...he needs to be a lot better but as i said at least his crossing improved today

They do get reviewed. But....
Page 24, Paragraph 3 in the "UEFA Book of corruption" clearly states,
'Any violent/malicious elbow to the face on a Manchester City player 'does not' get reviewed by VAR! Nor does it give Manchester City a free kick by the corrupt match officials. Any VAR review to benefit Manchester City FC will not be tolerated and match mday officials will be withdrawn from their roles.

I actually couldn't believe there was no red. It's only the 58th min for me so I'm expecting some more corruption before it's over.

We did absolutely nothing for the first 35 minutes. The game was making me fall asleep it was that bad.

Then they tried to hack Foden down and we scored after not kicking the ball out (we did the right thing, should never kick the ball out!) and they moaned like fuck at the ref, and we realised that we were there to play a game of football and woke up.

From then on we were slick and controlled the game. Foden was very good, Jesus too. Mendy had his best game for god knows how long. Good from the young centre halves.

Mahrez and Cancelo were poor on the right.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a more certain red card not given. Not even a booking. Not even a free kick! Quite astonishing, it was a shocking elbow!

their main defender seemed to lose his head after that first goal (one of the centre halves) - every time the camera was on him he was whinging aobut something - the lad that got booked for the push and shove after the first goal....it really unsettled them and they never recovered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.