Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

Re: Chinese takeaway...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If there was something concrete in it, do you seriously think it would be conducted out in the press?

The fact that continued links about takeovers are, should tell anyone what they need to know.

The status quo remains. There is no serious bidder, the drip of tenuous interest is all just a crap attempt to force the Americans to sell at a low price.

RBS will NEVER EVER call that loan on its book in. They can't.

Hence, Hicks and Gillet have them over a barrel.

The same reasons RBS were forced to refinance again. Wachovia didn't want a non-American debt on their books. RBS had to cough for the lot or lose half a million depositers and threats to every branch.
TH - can you explain why they can´t call loan in ? - is it to do with not being within their remit (as they seem to be de facto administrators) or to do with the terms of the loan contract
I agree I can´t see H&G walking away with only the debts cleared - they want big bucks on their investment , then there´s the stadium on top - bollox imo

Re: Dipper Takeover?

Prestwich_Blue said:
This story does appear to have some legs. It seems that he's gone behind the board's back straight to RBS, who have the ability to negotiate a sale if they think it's in their best interests.

However, they might have to be wary of legal action if they do that and Hicks & Gillett lose out (as they will, heavily, if this deal goes through).

Its interesting that its about the nationalised RBS and not the other large banking creditor, Wachovia.

Maybe they feel they can gain a discount on the debt in some way?

I also feel that there are so many different parties owed monies by LFC that it is always going to end in litigation and possibly a protracted period of administration.

If Hicks and Gillette want to maje a profit on their time and investment in the club then it will be a battle for them.

Just what Torres wants A nice stable club. Come Fernando you'll look in Blue

Hope that a takeover comes through soon.The current owners have destroyed what was once a great club.

Ragnarok said:
Hope that a takeover comes through soon.The current owners have destroyed what was once a great club.

I'd rather they went bust myself

Right i need soemone who knows what they talking about here. I just had a read on soverign wealth funds and to me they are obviously worth alot but there i not much liquid cash involved and is more assests, is that right?

Secondly if the blokes from China like they say then they have one of either the 4th, 5th and 7th highest wealth funds behind them

Someone help me because these funds sound complicated

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Right i need soemone who knows what they talking about here. I just had a read on soverign wealth funds and to me they are obviously worth alot but there i not much liquid cash involved and is more assests, is that right?

Secondly if the blokes from China like they say then they have one of either the 4th, 5th and 7th highest wealth funds behind them

Someone help me because these funds sound complicated

Think basically they´re pretty risky and complex and many were over exposed to sub-prime and therefore fooked - Chinese SWFs however I believe were not though I have no details. With Chinese growth rocketing they probably piled into commodities, copper etc amongst other things

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.