Dippers signing Luke Young

As much as i find this amusing the trouble is Hodgson did this last year at Fulham with a worse squad. If the reports are true then Mach will go but be replaced by Sissoko. They will keep Torres and Gerrard. Add in a fit Jo Cole and it looks as though they might have slightly improved their squad compared to last season. Luke Young, when fit, is far better at left back than anyone they currently have.

What about Riera, Benayoun, 2 x left backs (Thus they dont have a recognised one at the moment) In many cases these players were first team starters certainly useful squad members.

Thats just for starters Masc definately leaving (Quality player) possibly Glen Johnson, Kuyt (very underated good player for them) etc.

I dont see Luke young, Joe cole (Who Chelsea happily let go and seemed happier with Benayoun costing them £6 million more) plus a few frees is better considering the players they have lost and are likely to loose.

ssn just said that young doesnt want the hassle of moving his family up to the dippers.. so its off.

Luke Young is an absolute top class defender.

Trust me, If he was 5 years younger or had a fancy name he'd be spoken about more often and he'd certainly be ahead of Glenn Johnson in the England team.

I've watched him for a couple of seasons now and he is solid, never seen him make a mistake and he is very capable going forward.

It's a shame that O'Neill and Young had a fall out and Young was never going to break back into the side after upsetting O'Neill.

I really hope that he stays at Villa, they work things out and he plays next season.

Very underrated player.

Cheers.
(Villa fan).

Riera
Benayoun
Aurelio

Insua going to Fiorentina
Maxi heavily linked to Espaniol
Macsherano 100% leaving, probably to Inter

They are 6 important players for them. Joe Cole is a good signing but a risk all the same and Jovanovic has only proved it in a rubbish league ala Jo. They are in serious poop, that's without taking Torres into consideration.

Blue Phil said:
Riera
Benayoun
Aurelio

Insua going to Fiorentina
Maxi heavily linked to Espaniol
Macsherano 100% leaving, probably to Inter

They are 6 important players for them. Joe Cole is a good signing but a risk all the same and Jovanovic has only proved it in a rubbish league ala Jo. They are in serious poop, that's without taking Torres into consideration.

To be fair to them both Riera and Aurelio have been shit. I still think they have a slightly better squad if Torres stays and Young goes to them.

Mascherano is one of their best players - they lose him (they will) and they haven't got a better squad now, no chance.

Joe Cole is a just a like-for-like replacement for Benayoun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.