Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
My views on Pellegrini though are separate from the Mancini issue. If we had employed Benitez as coach or Ancellotti then the "promoted two levels above his station". and "His achievements no better than Hughes' at Blackburn" would not exist. That Pellegrini is not as good a coach as the two I mentioned or, to keep it factual, any where near as successful is in my view fairly self evident. One good second half performance is hardly going to alter my opinion.

It's also fairly self evident that Pellegrini is head and shoulders a better coach than Hodgson or Hughes. It's also fairly self evident that Hughes has never taken a team anywhere near a CL semi final whereas Pellegrini's taken two teams there in recent history. Benitez has trophies but has managed much bigger clubs for much longer than Pellegrini has. Both Valencia and Liverpool dwarf clubs like Villareal and Malaga.

As for the "promoted two levels above his station" - it's funny that you'd say that with all the clubs who wanted Pellegrini this summer. I'd love to know having overachieved so dramatically at Malaga and Villareal what you think the right level up would've been.

Two off the top of my head. Malaga and Villarreal. Oh OK Swansea as well.

And the managing 'bigger clubs' argument doesn't cut it. Coaches who win trophies start winning when they are not with bigger clubs. Its invariably how they get the job with bigger clubs. Its the same argument I would level at Moyes who when it mattered in terms of winning a trophy bottled it. Its not so much about who is the better coach or man management its about having the balls when it matters. I don't think Moyes has them and I don't think Pellers has either. But then I don't think F&T were looking for 'balls' when they drew up the job description.

#GoP

BobKowalski said:
BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
My views on Pellegrini though are separate from the Mancini issue. If we had employed Benitez as coach or Ancellotti then the "promoted two levels above his station". and "His achievements no better than Hughes' at Blackburn" would not exist. That Pellegrini is not as good a coach as the two I mentioned or, to keep it factual, any where near as successful is in my view fairly self evident. One good second half performance is hardly going to alter my opinion.

It's also fairly self evident that Pellegrini is head and shoulders a better coach than Hodgson or Hughes. It's also fairly self evident that Hughes has never taken a team anywhere near a CL semi final whereas Pellegrini's taken two teams there in recent history. Benitez has trophies but has managed much bigger clubs for much longer than Pellegrini has. Both Valencia and Liverpool dwarf clubs like Villareal and Malaga.

As for the "promoted two levels above his station" - it's funny that you'd say that with all the clubs who wanted Pellegrini this summer. I'd love to know having overachieved so dramatically at Malaga and Villareal what you think the right level up would've been.

And the managing 'bigger clubs' argument doesn't cut it. Coaches who win trophies start winning when they are not with bigger clubs. Its invariably how they get the job with bigger clubs. Its the same argument I would level at Moyes who when it mattered in terms of winning a trophy bottled it. Its not so much about who is the better coach or man management its about having the balls when it matters. I don't think Moyes has them and I don't think Pellers has either. But then I don't think F&T were looking for 'balls' when they drew up the job description.

#GoP

Didn't Pellegrini win a league title with a small club in Argentina?

adrianr said:
Metodscaeft DeadBlue said:
I hate to sound like a Tory blaming the Labour governments of past on the current recession but given what people close to the club have said about Mancini's man management, I think we'll need more time to repair the broken players. Pellegrini's man management has proven to be a success in the past and this is evident from the previous matches. But it does take time. The more something is broken, the longer it will take to repair. Much like a broken arm in that respect.

Pellegrini is experienced enough. Yes, we're struggling a little in the prem but I don't believe the panic buttons should be pressed. Remember Mancini's first few games in charge? He already knew the prem from his days in England but we still weren't that convincing at that point.

I give it another month. That is when we know how Pellegrini will be matching up against others. We're already a damn site more attacking and there is more fluidity particularly in wide areas of the pitch. Players are more confident and eventually this will come to fruition during the foreseeable.

This is why despite the derby result, should god forbid we lose, once the dust has settled and I've retrieved my foot from the wall, we should all remember that there is (hopefully) much much more to come from this team. The time of the derby is still incredibly early days in Pellegrini's tenure, and I firmly believe that providing there isn't a more serious problem with the players themselves, if left up to Manuel we will improve, and more importantly improve respective to our opponents. I don't see the Rags getting notably better under Moyes, Mourinho will give Chelsea a boost without a doubt, but we're arguably sitting on the largest amount of untapped potential after last season. Even in our title season there was huge room for improvement once the initial purple patch ended.

If Pellegrini can get everyone happy and confident, find the system that suits the players, and has everyone working for each other game after game, we can steam roll this league the way Arsenals invincibles did, or Mourinho's first Chelsea side.

You think we should set up a field station where the players can get some counselling? Maybe a spot of hypno therapy to ease the mental torture? I don't know I am just throwing ideas out there. What do you reckon?<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:13 pm --<br /><br />
OB1 said:
BobKowalski said:
BillyShears said:

#GoP

Didn't Pellegrini win a league title with a small club in Aregentina?

Hurrah! We are saved! Being on Team Pellers rocks! #GoP

Just going to pop out for bite to eat...but keep the ideas coming and remember to use the hashtag #GoP Any one got any cool slogans for Team Pellers let me know.

#GoP

OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Hurrah! We are saved! Being on Team Pellers rocks! #GoP

Six trophies in total I believe in his time in South America.

Doesn't count.

Why not?

EDIT:

I mean Bob's whole argument seems to be something about needing "balls" to win trophies. Are there special balls required in Europe. Ones that you don't get in South America. Or is it just that football is much more complicated in Europe and therefore you need to win a trophy in Europe before you can be considered a coach good enough to manage clubs other than Swansea and Villareal. I'm baffled now. Hasn't Laudrup won a trophy in Europe. Does that mean he's now better than Pellegrini and therefore they should do a job swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.