Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blightee said:
(off-topic) anyone else notice him looking into the camera alot during interviews?

It's not off topic as you are discussing MP.

I noticed it as well , I think maybe in Spain there are not as many camera's involved in pre / post match interviews where in England they virtually stuff it up their faces and perhaps he is not used to this.

I wonder if anyone has even remembered that David Silva wasn't in the team today. That was some of the best football I've seen and I can't fathom how Silva would have even fit in. You have to give Pellegrini quite a bit of credit to shape a squad that made Silva not even seem necessary. That's a fucking accomplishment in itself!

Dethred said:
I wonder if anyone has even remembered that David Silva wasn't in the team today. That was some of the best football I've seen and I can't fathom how Silva would have even fit in. You have to give Pellegrini quite a bit of credit to shape a squad that made Silva not even seem necessary. That's a fucking accomplishment in itself!

Merlin is going to have to work for his place as Pellegrini seems to have given Nasri something he has been missing since he signed.

Hopefully, the competition for places will have the desired effect and he too will find the form that had us all drooling not so long back.

blueinsa said:
Dethred said:

Merlin is going to have to work for his place as Pellegrini seems to have given Nasri something he has been missing since he signed.

Hopefully, the competition for places will have the desired effect and he too will find the form that had us all drooling not so long back.

Nasri is arguably more consistent in his passing than Silva, stronger, faster and with better stamina. Also slightly better coming from wide or deep, whereas Silva is better as a true number 10, so it seems like Sami is tailor made for the team but David less so as Pellegrini wants to play it.

Think MP would ever go with Nasri on the left, Silva in the middle, Navas on the right and Aguero the lone striker? I also would like to see more of Kolarov deployed more during home games even when Clichy is fit.

MillionDollarDream said:
Think MP would ever go with Nasri on the left, Silva in the middle, Navas on the right and Aguero the lone striker? I also would like to see more of Kolarov deployed more during home games even when Clichy is fit.

That was my team prediction had Silva been fit.

On a side note. I'm shocked by how quiet both this thread and the forum in general is. Yesterday was more brutal efficient and comprehensive than the 6 - 1.

Pellegrini showed his worth and showed why he was wanted by so many clubs this summer. The best part is the team and performances will only get better.

blightee said:
(off-topic) anyone else notice him looking into the camera alot during interviews?
To me this means he is 100% honest,as he isn't giving any bullshit.he looks a cool dude and he will not give a flying fook about the press.

BillyShears said:
MillionDollarDream said:

On a side note. I'm shocked by how quiet both this thread and the forum in general is. Yesterday was more brutal efficient and comprehensive than the 6 - 1.

Pellegrini showed his worth and showed why he was wanted by so many clubs this summer. The best part is the team and performances will only get better.

Not quiet here fella. I'm totally fucking buzzing. I can see what this man is doing taking shape before my eyes and I think it's going to be something special. Along with the total football, the unity, the spirit, the fight...

And it's looking like you were right about Samir all along, too ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
MillionDollarDream said:

Not quiet here fella. I'm totally fucking buzzing. I can see what this man is doing taking shape before my eyes and I think it's going to be something special. Along with the total football, the unity, the spirit, the fight...

And it's looking like you were right about Samir all along, too ;-)

Dave,

I had to smile at your, forgive me, dismal pre-match feelings! I was certain we'd win if we played anything like our best and (although I didn't say this out loud) pretty confident that we would put in a performance, despite my misplaced temptation towards a bit of caution in the team selection.

By the time, I got back home last night, I only had time to watch City on MotD and the recording of the match up to the fourth goal and I have to sasy I am almost staggered by how good we were to that point. Afterwards, we sat deep(ish) and allowed the Rags far more of the ball than I would have liked but the game was won by then. Also, although they had a lot of possession in the latter stages, they hardly played a pass goal side of our 18 yard line.

Far too much work to do to comment further at mo; other than to say, we clearly have plenty of big game players and Pellegrini's biggest task is to persuade them to treat every game like a big one (something his post match comments indicate that he is aware of). Attitude, belief and confidence are the keys to our season.

His start has been hampered by injuries (Kompany, Richards, and Demichelis especially) so it will be unfair to assess him until we've played stronger teams; the Bayern matches are the true litmus test of progress. I'll also be intrigued to see how we respond to losing the first goal in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.