Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
andyhinch said:
BillyShears said:
Stoned Rose said:
All this talk of tactices etc is lovely but the point you are all missing is that we actually wanted it today. We wanted it fucking badly.

Play with that level of intensity, energy and tenacity across the team and tactics dont / wont mean shit.

Compare and contrast to the Wigan cup final.

A universe of difference.

Since this thread's about Pellegrini I'm going to go with ... man management and motivation for top marks!
If he can get it against the "lesser teams" I might even become a fan boy:)

You mean like against the "part timers" we played in mid week ... :)

I take your point ... our record at home has been formidable for a long time now. It was always going to be tough for the rags, especially once it became clear that Van Persie was out. It's the stupid dropped points away from home that need to be cut out. The anaemic away performances. I stand by the fact that against Stoke and Hull in particular it was the absence of Vinny which effected the overall balance of the team. I think he is going to be that important under Pellegrini. Better hope he stays fit all season.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Alakagom said:
Stoned Rose said:
All this talk of tactices etc is lovely but the point you are all missing is that we actually wanted it today. We wanted it fucking badly.

Play with that level of intensity, energy and tenacity across the team and tactics dont / wont mean shit.

Compare and contrast to the Wigan cup final.

A universe of difference.

While I agree mostly, you're missing the point too.

This was a derby, the players were fuelled up. They were always going want it badly, etc.

They won't for matches against likes of Stokes, Fulhams or Norwiches. And that's where tactics will come to play massively.

I smell a little something with the use of that word in your first post!!

Nahh :))

Coming as Villa fan ( in peace :D ). I despise United, and well although I am not a fan of all the Arabs and the money floating around , I do love the style of football you play so I do quite like you ( saying that I like Totenham and Arsenal too :L )

Getting these 'morale' against the small teams will be vital, if Pellegrini can achieve that, you should win the league. But saying so, it's not easy that.

( although it freaking should be with amount of money those players are paid to play... )

BillyShears said:
andyhinch said:
BillyShears said:
Since this thread's about Pellegrini I'm going to go with ... man management and motivation for top marks!

I take your point ... our record at home has been formidable for a long time now. It was always going to be tough for the rags, especially once it became clear that Van Persie was out. It's the stupid dropped points away from home that need to be cut out. The anaemic away performances. I stand by the fact that against Stoke and Hull in particular it was the absence of Vinny which effected the overall balance of the team. I think he is going to be that important under Pellegrini. Better hope he stays fit all season.
Not to far from where I stand tbh buddy.

Marvin said:
Bayern beat Schalke 4-0 away at the weekend!! That's Draxler's team. One of the best players in Europe.

Anything we get out of the Bayern game is a bonus. Could have done with playing them last when they are already qualified.

10 points from 5 games, and an away win in the Champions League during a period in which we lost our Captain and defensive deputies. A good start and we can look forward to Wigan now, and then Villa away at the weekend.

Tim to relax and enjoy the aftermath of the Derby win after all the pre-Derby nerves and concern after the opening games.

Those who criticised, myself included did it out of concern, but it seems the team is in good hands. Still got to show more consistency and nail the away form, but I have confidence in what Pellegrini is trying to do. In hindsight I think I was worried about what we were losing from our game play with our "vacant" midfield strategy, and forgetting that there are other positives. Missing Kompany was a huge factor too. He gives the team confidence and sets up our play.
We do, our last game in the group is away to Bayern.

BillyShears said:
andyhinch said:
BillyShears said:

Did I call them part timers? Doesn't sound like me but I could have, didn't think of them that way. Feel free to quote me on it.

Just got in had a few same as Stoke last week, i slagged Pellers off now i will hold my hands up WELL DONE , destroyed the twats you have gone up in my book, still waiting for consistency though

Credit where it's due, Pellegrini got everything right today. Tactics were spot on to frustrate them and the players were clearly highly motivated (as they should be for a derby).

Toure and Fernandinho completely dominated their midfield, helped in no small measure by Kompany who made Rooney his woman yet again.

More of the same please!

The only slight criticism I would have is we completely took our foot off the gas at 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.