Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
great win today but we need to start winning away from home

This is key really. We know we're good at home, but we can't rely on dropping only two points again to lift the title. We should be doing better against teams willing to attack (like we were initially under mancini)

Have anyone noticed he's playing Yaya and Fernadiniho slightly differently compared to the start of the season.

Fernando is playing deeper and Yaya plays more advanced, before it was almost the other way around. Plays to both their strengths, clever use of players.

lmjones1uk said:
Have anyone noticed he's playing Yaya and Fernadiniho slightly differently compared to the start of the season.

Fernando is playing deeper and Yaya plays more advanced, before it was almost the other way around. Plays to both their strengths, clever use of players.

Aye but only because vinnny was bac.k

lmjones1uk said:

I've noticed this too, this is the best use of the players after watching Fernadinho last season in Champions League, he's quicker to press and get the ball off of opposing players. Pushing Yaya forward without having to take a Silva/Nasri/Aguero off makes us very dangerous in attack as Yaya is strong enough to hold players off around the penalty box to play in solid passes.

Pellegrini looks to be a fast learner.
- The high defensive line is gone.
- Fernandinio and YaYa swaped (Fernandiniho deeper than YaYa now)
- He has brought back zonal marking to some degree (looked like 60/40 Zonal/Man-For-Man today) and
- Much better pressing by the AMs and forwards.
Very good. Keep it up.

Mr Pragmatic!

I didn't want to be one of those that only come on this thread when we play like shit to slag pellers off so I thought I'd just say how impressed I was by the way we played, for me it was even better than the 6-1.

wayne71 said:
I didn't want to be one of those that only come on this thread when we play like shit to slag pellers off so I thought I'd just say how impressed I was by the way we played, for me it was even better than the 6-1.
I want the man to be a success and in the last 135mins of football I'm seeing what's been promised us, but better than the 1-6? Never.

lmjones1uk said:

Noticed that as well. THought that would be the way he went from the start. To allow Yaya to attack more and Fernandinho can use his pace to cover, press the ball, make those Gerard like passes and make the occasional runs forward. Instead he went the other way around. But I guess he figured out that Yaya isn't really interested in doing the dirty work in the minor games.

I think what was more telling was Moyes got his tactics all wrong from the start which played into our hands. Fellaini ain't a CM. He's not a creative player. He's a #10. When they moved him to the off striker with Rooney up top they were a far better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.