Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next five prem games are going to be important, last season same fixtures we only got 6 points lets see how he does. :-)

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
City Raider said:
the biggest single statement is 12 goals in a week without silva - unthinkable last season
And a whole bunch of understudies champing at the bit to be imvolved.

I like the way you can see the pellegrini 'way' developing. Pressing right up the park, high tempo, width, incisive passing around the oppositions box, overlaps. You could see it just as clearly tonight with the reserves.

And that bench said a lot too.

I liked the strong bench too mate, said a lot about his philosophy.

Only seen brief highlights as couldn't make the game due to daughter's b'day but it's looking good. Do Villa on Sat and we are well set......

......and then Bayern!
There was something hugely impressive about the way we went about beating a shit team which I haven't seen us do for years.

At one point we started knocking it about the back 4 and pellegrini came out shouting at them to get it forward.

waspish said:
Pam said:
I am no longer underwhelmed.

Hold of till the villa game

I'm already excited. If we put in a good performance against Villa, one we only reserve for home matches, I'll unzip. If we beat Bayern it's definitely cock out time.

Can worry about that later though. One thoroughly top week still to be enjoyed.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
And a whole bunch of understudies champing at the bit to be imvolved.

I like the way you can see the pellegrini 'way' developing. Pressing right up the park, high tempo, width, incisive passing around the oppositions box, overlaps. You could see it just as clearly tonight with the reserves.

And that bench said a lot too.

I liked the strong bench too mate, said a lot about his philosophy.

Only seen brief highlights as couldn't make the game due to daughter's b'day but it's looking good. Do Villa on Sat and we are well set......

......and then Bayern!
There was something hugely impressive about the way we went about beating a shit team which I haven't seen us do for years.

At one point we started knocking it about the back 4 and pellegrini came out shouting at them to get it forward.

i was a little disappointed we didn't do that on sunday, we seemed to ease off after 4-0. i think that annoyed pellers and that's why he didn't let them tonight.

lets just say i'm completely bought by him.

Didsbury Dave said:

What about Leeds and Barnsley last year, and United at the Swamp the year before that?

Lucky13 said:
Early days for Pellegrini but I can't be the only one to notice that last season we played the scum at home we lost, we got knocked out of the League Cup in our first round and we got beat by Wigan, this season we haven't.

Let's be careful not to get too carried away yet - last year vs Scum they had RVP and they didn't have Fellaini (that's two reasons it was easier this time around); last year we played a strong Villa team in the League Cup, this year we played Wigan's second team (after they've been asset-stripped by Martinez); last year we lost to Wigan's first team in the FA Cup (before the asset-stripping) on a day when the manager got fired (basically) and no one could be arsed, this year we played Wigan's second team (after they've been asset-stripped by Martinez).

Don't get me wrong, it's been a brilliant week, but I hope Pellegrini is a bit more realistic than some posters on here, because the next three games are going to be a LOT harder than the last three, so he and the team had better be ready for them.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

What about Leeds and Barnsley last year, and United at the Swamp the year before that?
We didn't play with that intensity against Leeds or Barnsley, although I will give you united ;-)

I wasn't clear in what I said. We have put loads of inferior teams to the sword over the last few years. What I meant was, its a long time since I've seen a city shadow team destroy an inferior side. Usually in these games we look disjointed and disorganised.

Didsbury Dave said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

We didn't play with that intensity against Leeds or Barnsley, although I will give you united ;-)

I wasn't clear in what I said. We have put loads of inferior teams to the sword over the last few years. What I meant was, its a long time since I've seen a city shadow team destroy an inferior side. Usually in these games we look disjointed and disorganised.

Fair enough - sadly I was working and so unfortunately couldn't see the Wigan game. Also 6,000 miles from the Etihad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.