Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still too early to judge and I hope we go on a winning streak after this and it changes some of the players attitudes. But why he didn't play 5 in midfield? When everyone could see it was needed? I know he wants to play a certain way every game like Barcelona, but Barcelona play 433, against better teams 2 in midfield just isn't good enough.

Ducado said:
The thing is I am willing to give him a little bit more slack, but if he continues to get it wrong, he will have to go

How much longer do we give him before we have to write off the season? Everton and Chelsea away are tough matches and we lose them and the others win we're miles from the top and the Moscow game isn't a given either.

Just a comment on MP. Guardiola has been at Bayern the same length of time that MP has been at city. It's clear he has revamped the playing style already. Maybe we aren't judging too early. Can't understand the team he picked and why he sat there for 70 mins watching us outnumbered in midfield. He had better get learning and quick - felt sorry for toure and fernandinho tonight.

Jumanji said:
When asked in the sky post match why he didn't change tactics, he said Silva could not play more than 20 minutes.

Garcia even would have helped seize the midfield IMO.

We needed a midfield overhaul in the summer, and we didn't get it.

Ducado said:
The thing is I am willing to give him a little bit more slack, but if he continues to get it wrong, he will have to go

Go where ? :)

Jokes aside that was scary. Cannot for the life of me understand why he didn't change it at half time.

Tonight reminded me of Mourinho's first few Classico's. Didn't get close to them all night.

There were so many options it is untrue, in order for MP to play with 5 in the middle.

Blaming it on Silva only being fit for 20 mins is a piss poor excuse.

jimharri said:
Jumanji said:
When asked in the sky post match why he didn't change tactics, he said Silva could not play more than 20 minutes.

Garcia even would have helped seize the midfield IMO.
Steady on!
It really couldn't have been worse. We got smacked around the pitch tonight with a midfield of two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.