Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
But we could have made it such a different game.

I'm not so sure ... maybe we wouldn't have been overrun so much - but fuck it ... sometimes you have to hold your hands up ... we could've played with six in midfield tonight and we'd have still gotten our arses handed to us. Bayern were fucking spectacular. Bang up for it ... and the early goal was really all they needed to make it impossible for us.

That's not say that Pellegrini didn't fuck up ... he should've changed things at half time ... but really, even if he had, Bayern had another gear. Of that I'm sure.

Arguably the second even first best team in the world however please explain our lack of desire to work..at 3-0 there players were working so hard..pressing.
We were coasting and its not acceptable.

Jimfv1 said:
You're spot on with your post, Pellegrini got it wrong and Pep's team look even better than last year, we have the players to emulate Bayern but can Pellegrini get our team to play like them. I hope he can get it right, but the next few away games will see if he can or not.

Bull s#it... only kompany and (aguero on his best form) would get in there team...
Every other player works too hard for any of our players to replace them, its not pellegrini's fault he inherited a team that was so cocky it lost the fa cup final to a relegated team....
Would bayern munich ever get beat by wigan athletic in a cup final?!?

Didsbury Dave said:
I've never seen a game where the changes were so obvious from so early on.

I think the manager took that pragmatic 'I will give it until 60 minutes to improve" stance and in this instance it was a bad call. When he finally did make those changes we started to play.

Pretty much how I saw it. You don't like to make early subs, and Dzeko would have gone into a prolonged sulk but they needed to be made.

Lesson learned hopefully, next two games we cant afford the same mistakes.

I see the luddites are still banging the "grit and determination" drum.

Its like the emperers new clothes with this bloke, I`d fuck him off tomorrow before he does more damage, never thought it would be possible to take us back to pre-Mancini but he`s managed it in double quick time, after the pathetic performances & his laughable tactics I don't trust him or half the players.

Josh Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Said my piece on gmr..not repeating it on here.
What a complete and utter mess the club have made.fuck all to do with previous regime but pellegtini imo
Is well out of his depth.
Hart..drop him asap.
Dzeko..sell him asap.

Dont mind losing but the lack of desire tonight is frightening it reaaly is..not to worry hey cos the players will get there cuddles..players step over the line but the manager picks the team..tactics and dress it up all you like ..he got it wrong.
Knew it was you as soon as you came on gmr, fella. Just listened in the car. Nice rant. Thought you were going to do yourself a mischief ;-)

Wasn't lack of desire for me tonight, although there were some bad errors made. It was a systemic fault which was obvious from five minutes in. Silva should have been on for Nasri to keep the ball, negredo should have been on for dzeko to give us an outlet ball when they did press us, and Milner should have been on for navas or Sergio to shore up the midfield.

I've never seen a game where the changes were so obvious from so early on.

I think the manager took that pragmatic 'I will give it until 60 minutes to improve" stance and in this instance it was a bad call. When he finally did make those changes we started to play.

I'm not panicking but I hope he's learnt a few lessons tonight: hart needs dropping,silva is miles better than Nasri , negredo is a much better option than dzeko and the fernandinho/ yaya central partnership is not looking like its going to work consistently. Ultimately, when the dust settles its not a game we needed to win, and the are probably the best side I have ever seen in the flesh.

But we could have made it such a different game.

If Mancini had been in charge of that team tonight your post wouldn't read the same.
But Mancini wasn't in charge because he got sacked.

moomba said:
Lesson learned hopefully, next two games we cant afford the same mistakes.

Saturday finally feels like a must win ... if for no other reason than to get tonight out of our system.

How he couldn't see we needed to make changes at half time is beyond me, did he watch the game, can he motivate the players, the signs on the pitch aren't showing it. I'll give him time.

He fucked up tonight and the players finishing the match should have started it. We would have done well to get a point no matter what the formation but we got slapped like never before for 70 odd minutes, don't think its lack of desire, more down to Pelle.

What I'm finding hard to get my head around and I've said this a number of times already this season is his persistence with 4-4-2?

He favoured 4-2-3-1 with Malaga, we have the personnel here to play that system, so why the change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.