Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
But we could have made it such a different game.

I'm not so sure ... maybe we wouldn't have been overrun so much - but fuck it ... sometimes you have to hold your hands up ... we could've played with six in midfield tonight and we'd have still gotten our arses handed to us. Bayern were fucking spectacular. Bang up for it ... and the early goal was really all they needed to make it impossible for us.

That's not say that Pellegrini didn't fuck up ... he should've changed things at half time ... but really, even if he had, Bayern had another gear. Of that I'm sure.
Oh, they were good, mate. Really fucking good. Best team I've ever seen in the flesh. As you say, the early goal was disastrous. The crowd went flat, our heads went down, we let them impose themselves all over us. Players started making mistakes, we gave them acres of room in the wide areas.

I'm not heartbroken but I want to see the manager respond to this.

Danamy said:
What I'm finding hard to get my head around and I've said this a number of times already this season is his persistence with 4-4-2?

He favoured 4-2-3-1 with Malaga, we have the personnel here to play that system, so why the change?

Because we went and bought Negredo when we should have spent the money on Pepe. Mancini failed trying to constantly shoehorn two strikers into this side, if that's all Pellegrini is going to do he will fail too.

Said a few weeks back that three man midfield is way to go and not a fan of Fernandinho and Yaya as it's too open. We need someone behind them to clean up and hold them together.

Negredo should start ahead of Dzeko every time when available. Not doubt about it.

Other than that we saw imi the CL winners of last two seasons bar a fluke for Chelsea. They won treble and strengthened further. They'll win it again and are team to beat imo.

Game at their place should be Milner and Fernandinho with Yaya ahead of them. Silva left, Navas right with Negredo or Kun upfront. Advance Kompany in possession.

Will be interesting to see DeMichellis and Kompany back-line. May be a big factor, who knows?

As for Hart, form is temporary and class is permanent. He will come good but Costel has to be given a crack now. If Hart does not improve we should get the other keeper at Real Madrid when it becomes clear who is first choice Dor future.

As for Pellegrini, Jesus he's only just found his seat at the cinema let alone got comfy. Hide the shoelaces from some.

City <3

Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Said my piece on gmr..not repeating it on here.
What a complete and utter mess the club have made.fuck all to do with previous regime but pellegtini imo
Is well out of his depth.
Hart..drop him asap.
Dzeko..sell him asap.

Dont mind losing but the lack of desire tonight is frightening it reaaly is..not to worry hey cos the players will get there cuddles..players step over the line but the manager picks the team..tactics and dress it up all you like ..he got it wrong.
Knew it was you as soon as you came on gmr, fella. Just listened in the car. Nice rant. Thought you were going to do yourself a mischief ;-)

Wasn't lack of desire for me tonight, although there were some bad errors made. It was a systemic fault which was obvious from five minutes in. Silva should have been on for Nasri to keep the ball, negredo should have been on for dzeko to give us an outlet ball when they did press us, and Milner should have been on for navas or Sergio to shore up the midfield.

I've never seen a game where the changes were so obvious from so early on.

I think the manager took that pragmatic 'I will give it until 60 minutes to improve" stance and in this instance it was a bad call. When he finally did make those changes we started to play.

I'm not panicking but I hope he's learnt a few lessons tonight: hart needs dropping,silva is miles better than Nasri , negredo is a much better option than dzeko and the fernandinho/ yaya central partnership is not looking like its going to work consistently. Ultimately, when the dust settles its not a game we needed to win, and the are probably the best side I have ever seen in the flesh.

That wouldn't have helped much. We'd still be outnumbered against Bayern's midfield 4 (Muller false 9).

Pellegrini in the post match said Silva couldn't play more than 20.

Negredo for Dzeko is an interesting...even keeping the 442 because Negredo would drop deep and Harry the opposition unlike Dzeko. He would have also held the ball better.

Perhaps the 442 could have worked if Negredo started and Hart didn't ruin the game.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've never seen a game where the changes were so obvious from so early on.

I think the manager took that pragmatic 'I will give it until 60 minutes to improve" stance and in this instance it was a bad call. When he finally did make those changes we started to play.

Pretty much how I saw it. You don't like to make early subs, and Dzeko would have gone into a prolonged sulk but they needed to be made.

Lesson learned hopefully, next two games we cant afford the same mistakes.

Dzeko won't start for us in the next two games.

Maybe its time to give Hart a wake up call as well.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'm not so sure ... maybe we wouldn't have been overrun so much - but fuck it ... sometimes you have to hold your hands up ... we could've played with six in midfield tonight and we'd have still gotten our arses handed to us. Bayern were fucking spectacular. Bang up for it ... and the early goal was really all they needed to make it impossible for us.

That's not say that Pellegrini didn't fuck up ... he should've changed things at half time ... but really, even if he had, Bayern had another gear. Of that I'm sure.
Oh, they were good, mate. Really fucking good. Best team I've ever seen in the flesh. As you say, the early goal was disastrous. The crowd went flat, our heads went down, we let them impose themselves all over us. Players started making mistakes, we gave them acres of room in the wide areas.

I'm not heartbroken but I want to see the manager respond to this.

Like I said, this kind of result I can take but villa, Cardiff away are unacceptable

Well, well, well, where's this heading then? After the Stoke game we were told to wait a few weeks and we'll see a click. I am not sold on this 'wait until it clicks', so far I'm seeing an old man who doesn't have the balls to make big decisions and panders to players when they need to be told they're playing shit. Sacking Mancini was the worst decision our club has made in recent years.

All this talk about ditching 442 is wide of the mark for me. That system, or a slight variant with fernandinho deep, totally dominated man united 10 days ago.

But we need to cut our cloth In certain games just to give our attackers a platform. Tonight was one of those games,

Barring negredo his signings are shit. The derby aside and that was against the worst utd side in two decades this guy has done nothing to impress! We were drubbed tonight and he waited 70 mins to change it! I'm yet to see the crowd at games in anyway engage with this guy, he shows no passion whatsoever! Did you see pep when Bayern made the slightest mistake? If this guy is an upgrade on Mancini then I'm a monkey's uncle.

rastus said:
andyhinch said:
How he couldn't see we needed to make changes at half time is beyond me, did he watch the game, can he motivate the players, the signs on the pitch aren't showing it. I'll give him time.
How he couldnt see from the start baffles me, bearing in ind our recent result.
Fuck me we wernt playing AV or Cardiff
I'm trying very hard to be kind, I'll always support the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.