Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why the fuck Mancini wasn't given at least another season to get things right, given his track record, We are going to look utterly stupid if we don't get out of this group. Isn't this supposed to be what Pellegrini is here for?

And if Platt is to be believed, Mancini wanted a new keeper. which is looking like a better and better idea by the week.

Pam said:
I don't know why the fuck Mancini wasn't given at least another season to get things right

Try taking your head out of the sand and it might become clearer.

The question is not 'should he have been sacked'? but 'is Pellegrini the man who should have replaced him'?

I still believe he is.

FantasyIreland said:
Pam said:
I don't know why the fuck Mancini wasn't given at least another season to get things right

Try taking your head out of the sand and it might become clearer.

The question is not 'should he have been sacked'? but 'is Pellegrini the man who should have replaced him'?

I still believe he is.

Our performance in the premiership over the next six games and the home and away ties against CSKA will tell us pretty much all we need to know.

If we fall off the pace to the point of no return by then and we don't get 4 points against CSKA then its curtains for MP at the end of the season if he lasts that long.

Looking at the fixtures 14 points over the next 6 games is the pass mark and what we need to still be around the mark.

Not an easy task given our defensive frailties under the new manager to date.

Cheesy said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Said my piece on gmr..not repeating it on here.
What a complete and utter mess the club have made.fuck all to do with previous regime but pellegtini imo
Is well out of his depth.
Hart..drop him asap.
Dzeko..sell him asap.

Dont mind losing but the lack of desire tonight is frightening it reaaly is..not to worry hey cos the players will get there cuddles..players step over the line but the manager picks the team..tactics and dress it up all you like ..he got it wrong.

Good to meet you tonight fella, albeit briefly :)

It was shite wasn't it? It was obvious 10 mins into the game (actually, it was obvious when the line up was announced) that we were gonna get battered in midfield. It just beggars belief that it took 75 mins for it to be changed. Asking Sergio to drop deeper isn't a genuine or effective change as it's just not the natural thing for him to do.
And the same to you and de nero pal..great to have a chat pre game..
Just woke up in a cold sweat...wondering what that nightmare was we all witnessed
last night...angry isnt the word...4-4-2...dear me..
I'D love to know what the spanish duo are thinking now...gutted mate.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:21 am --<br /><br />
Cheesy said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Said my piece on gmr..not repeating it on here.
What a complete and utter mess the club have made.fuck all to do with previous regime but pellegtini imo
Is well out of his depth.
Hart..drop him asap.
Dzeko..sell him asap.

Dont mind losing but the lack of desire tonight is frightening it reaaly is..not to worry hey cos the players will get there cuddles..players step over the line but the manager picks the team..tactics and dress it up all you like ..he got it wrong.

Good to meet you tonight fella, albeit briefly :)

It was shite wasn't it? It was obvious 10 mins into the game (actually, it was obvious when the line up was announced) that we were gonna get battered in midfield. It just beggars belief that it took 75 mins for it to be changed. Asking Sergio to drop deeper isn't a genuine or effective change as it's just not the natural thing for him to do.
And the same to you and de nero pal..great to have a chat pre game..
Just woke up in a cold sweat...wondering what that nightmare was we all witnessed
last night...angry isnt the word...4-4-2...dear me..
I'D love to know what the spanish duo are thinking now...gutted mate.

It was completely obvious to everyone that things needed changing at half-time. We were being completely overrun and they had over four times the number of passes we had!!! It is of huge concern that the manager was unable to see this. I was shocked when I saw the same team out for the second half as I could not envisage how any manager could have left things the same as they were after the first half.

As others have said we are yet to see Pellegrini make an effective tactical change or even substitution since he took over. Last night's changes were made far too late. If Silva had been brought on earlier it could have made a difference but to bring him on at 3-0 with the game already lost made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I really hope I'm wrong and sure I will be accused of a knee jerk reaction on here but I have now see enough to convince me that he is not the man for the job. I would give him until the end of the month and if there is no improvement would start lining up a replacement. If we leave it until the new year it may be too late for the new manager to turn the season around.

jaigurugoat said:
It was completely obvious to everyone that things needed changing at half-time. We were being completely overrun and they had over four times the number of passes we had!!! It is of huge concern that the manager was unable to see this. I was shocked when I saw the same team out for the second half as I could not envisage how any manager could have left things the same as they were after the first half.

As others have said we are yet to see Pellegrini make an effective tactical change or even substitution since he took over. Last night's changes were made far too late. If Silva had been brought on earlier it could have made a difference but to bring him on at 3-0 with the game already lost made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I really hope I'm wrong and sure I will be accused of a knee jerk reaction on here but I have now see enough to convince me that he is not the man for the job. I would give him until the end of the month and if there is no improvement would start lining up a replacement. If we leave it until the new year it may be too late for the new manager to turn the season around.

I think Silva was always going to come on for a twenty minute shift so it wouldn't have made much difference in the scheme of things.

They took three of their play makers off and took the foot off the pedal somewhat hence at least we competed in the final 15 minutes but we got the tactics wrong from the start and that should have been addressed from the outset or at least after 10 minutes or so.

In saying all that you cannot dress this performance up no matter the quality of the opposition it was woeful.

The lack of work rate commitment and invention and a complete inability to keep the ball when we had for any modicum of length of time spelt disaster from the outset.

Everton don't have the same quality but they will play a similar brand of football and if we don't put in a shift we will be embarrassed off the park once again.

I'm worried by this trend that Pellers is making poor decisions at the wrong time. It's like he's new to coaching all of a sudden. The way he's treated Milner is baffling, his drive and energy wouldve been perfect for tonight's game.

citymad said:
I'm worried by this trend that Pellers is making poor decisions at the wrong time. It's like he's new to coaching all of a sudden. The way he's treated Milner is baffling, his drive and energy wouldve been perfect for tonight's game.
Same Milner that was trash against Villa? Enough with this crap. drive and energy would have mattered little. He wouldn't be the first player with drive and energy a Guardiola coached team tamed with utmost ease. Milner is no better than any of the guys who started. And his tactical naviety would have made him look silly in possession. I mean, Milner often runs into cul de sacs agaisnt Chanionship level teams. Talk less a tactically astute team that plays to trap. Milner would have been right clueless in this one.

daxman said:
citymad said:
Same Milner that was trash against Villa? Enough with this crap. drive and energy would have mattered little. He wouldn't be the first player with drive and energy a Guardiola coached team tamed with utmost ease. Milner is no better than any of the guys who started. And his tactical naviety would have made him look silly in possession. I mean, Milner often runs into cul de sacs agaisnt Chanionship level teams. Talk less a tactically astute team that plays to trap. Milner would have been right clueless in this one.
But...But... he runs so much.

I still don't understand... of all the people in the world,Pelle knows Pep more then any one else but he was a complete bend down...
We are heading Chelsea's path .....
.wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.