Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen enough, out of his depth, club have made a big mistake, engineer they call him, to me he is more like a dodgy plumber, as now we have a very leaky defence, Who to bring in ? Viera after his great mauling of bayren, or pullis, either could do no worse.

viking the odd said:
Seen enough, out of his depth, club have made a big mistake, engineer they call him, to me he is more like a dodgy plumber, as now we have a very leaky defence, Who to bring in ? Viera after his great mauling of bayren, or pullis, either could do no worse.

Its too late now but we should have made a big play for Wenger.

It's not as if we couldn't afford him and our great Spanish wizzes couldn't have sold the project to him.

We just have to hang on until Pep decides to come over assuming he is still interested in the premiership after two years at Bayern.

In any case I know its nailed on already MP won't get more than his two year deal assuming he meets his minimum targets this year which would have to be qualification next year and finishing second in the group stage.

Our season is already down to how we go against CSKA home and away and at least we avoid Bayern if we manage to get over CSKA.

I really do hope my grave concerns about Saturday end up being unfounded for if I am right you can kiss the premiership goodbye and I wonder if this lot we have can be motivated enough to challenge for a top four spot knowing that they won't be part of a second title assuming they really care and you have to wonder because once is often more than enough for certain characters.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Cheesy said:
Said my piece on gmr..not repeating it on here.
What a complete and utter mess the club have made.fuck all to do with previous regime but pellegtini imo
Is well out of his depth.
Hart..drop him asap.
Dzeko..sell him asap.

Dont mind losing but the lack of desire tonight is frightening it reaaly is..not to worry hey cos the players will get there cuddles..players step over the line but the manager picks the team..tactics and dress it up all you like ..he got it wrong.

Good to meet you tonight fella, albeit briefly :)

It was shite wasn't it? It was obvious 10 mins into the game (actually, it was obvious when the line up was announced) that we were gonna get battered in midfield. It just beggars belief that it took 75 mins for it to be changed. Asking Sergio to drop deeper isn't a genuine or effective change as it's just not the natural thing for him to do.
And the same to you and de nero pal..great to have a chat pre game..
Just woke up in a cold sweat...wondering what that nightmare was we all witnessed
last night...angry isnt the word...4-4-2...dear me..
I'D love to know what the spanish duo are thinking now...gutted mate.

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:21 am --

Cheesy said:
Said my piece on gmr..not repeating it on here.
What a complete and utter mess the club have made.fuck all to do with previous regime but pellegtini imo
Is well out of his depth.
Hart..drop him asap.
Dzeko..sell him asap.

Dont mind losing but the lack of desire tonight is frightening it reaaly is..not to worry hey cos the players will get there cuddles..players step over the line but the manager picks the team..tactics and dress it up all you like ..he got it wrong.

Good to meet you tonight fella, albeit briefly :)

It was shite wasn't it? It was obvious 10 mins into the game (actually, it was obvious when the line up was announced) that we were gonna get battered in midfield. It just beggars belief that it took 75 mins for it to be changed. Asking Sergio to drop deeper isn't a genuine or effective change as it's just not the natural thing for him to do.
And the same to you and de nero pal..great to have a chat pre game..
Just woke up in a cold sweat...wondering what that nightmare was we all witnessed
last night...angry isnt the word...4-4-2...dear me..
I'D love to know what the spanish duo are thinking now...gutted mate.

They would be thinking the same as us and that is are we that far behind the top teams that we need a complete overhaul to ever be considered a chance for a CL trophy.

The fact our defense itself and our ability to press and defend over the the whole pitch is a shambles at present and Hart has lost all confidence in his ability to stop shots he should be saving is not helping our cause of course.

VK needs to step up now and show some of the leadership he has been credited with starting on Saturday before this season goes south fast.

I have lost faith in MP in terms of winning us a premiership title already and I am confident that will evenutuate which doesn't bother me but if finishing in the top four is vital for us this season he had better make some changes to his tactics /formations and personnel before that becomes a pipe dream as well.

I guess his season will hinge on the two games against CSKA but I truly hope he gets us playing to a much higher standard in the premiership than we have been to date and trust at least enough of our squad have enough pride in their performance to at least emulate last years points total when everybody thought we were under achieving.

I really have a feeling CSKA could get something out of their match vs Bayern at home.

Last year in the group stage thay had one loss and that was against Bate Borisov a tough east tour and CSKA is a better team than Borisov from Belorussia...

Also Bayern weill be sitting on 12 points after the two Plzen matches when they face CSKA. Unless CSKA/City wins both matches they will be pretty much guaranteed first place in the group with one point from their last two matches.

They could face a choice where to give their all in the CSKA away or City home match, doubt they want to play B team or weaker team at home in front of full stadium.

CSKA away match is huge for Pellegrini now he has 3 weeks until that and two league matches, its kinda like Napoli away was 2 years ago not as dramatic maybe as we have 3 other matches after this but losing in Russia would give a huge advantage to CSKA. And WHU away match before that, Chelsea away match just after that.

Huge improvement needed in away PL games, so after the break this 3 matches will show what kind of manager Pellegrini is.

WHU away
CSKA away
Chelsea away

Very hard run, we must be looking for at least 4 points in the two league games and at least a draw in Moscow as long as we can beat them at home...
And of course a win vs Everton on Saturday is needed so much...
(PLayers will be back very tired from international break as they used to be so WHU match is extra hard also.)

This is where he earns his money. It will be showtime for Pellegrini in October...

BobKowalski said:
Well give Pellers credit where its due...by all accounts he pretty much nailed the pre match press conference. Playing two up top with Dzeko alongside him was a strong tactical move and it had the hacks pretty much beaten before the PC even kicked off. Good to see the club playing to Pellers strengths and general no nonsense attitude. Surprised it didn't merit a thread on here to be honest.
Indeed!<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 am --<br /><br />
John.des said:
I really have a feeling CSKA could get something out of their match vs Bayern at home.

Last year in the group stage thay had one loss and that was against Bate Borisov a tough east tour and CSKA is a better team than Borisov from Belorussia...

Also Bayern weill be sitting on 12 points after the two Plzen matches when they face CSKA. Unless CSKA/City wins both matches they will be pretty much guaranteed first place in the group with one point from their last two matches.

They could face a choice where to give their all in the CSKA away or City home match, doubt they want to play B team or weaker team at home in front of full stadium.

CSKA away match is huge for Pellegrini now he has 3 weeks until that and two league matches, its kinda like Napoli away was 2 years ago not as dramatic maybe as we have 3 other matches after this but losing in Russia would give a huge advantage to CSKA. And WHU away match before that, Chelsea away match just after that.

Huge improvement needed in away PL games, so after the break this 3 matches will show what kind of manager Pellegrini is.

WHU away
CSKA away
Chelsea away

Very hard run, we must be looking for at least 4 points in the two league games and at least a draw in Moscow as long as we can beat them at home...
And of course a win vs Everton on Saturday is needed so much...
(PLayers will be back very tired from international break as they used to be so WHU match is extra hard also.)

This is where he earns his money. It will be showtime for Pellegrini in October...
Newcastle away in the FL Cup is in that run of games too.

Shocking tactically tonight.4/4/2 never looked like working.Should have had the balls to change,it early doors.
He has to get some sort of run going so some tough decisions ahead.Hope he has the bottle to do so,time for this nicely nicely approach is not working.We still have the same problems form wise as last season.Hart,Dzeko,Garcia,Nasri,plus now Fernandinho and Navas.The decision to loan out Barry and keep Garcia a joke as well.
The Spanish duo backed the players last season,surely the manager cannot be as lucky this season.

Didsbury Dave said:
NipHolmes said:
Didsbury Dave said:
All this talk about ditching 442 is wide of the mark for me. That system, or a slight variant with fernandinho deep, totally dominated man united 10 days ago.

But we need to cut our cloth In certain games just to give our attackers a platform. Tonight was one of those games,

United aren't the target for me mate. Bayern are. The best should always be.

We beat Unites but not 'fodder'.

Pellegrini imo is getting the crashcourse in English football.

I wanted Jose but mainly change. I think Pellegrini will be goos for us but only if HE adapts.

As for the fool who said our summer buys are poor. GTFOOH. We had the best window in Europe bar Madrid!

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 pm --

bondsman said:
It dominated the worst utd side for 20 years who also lost at home to west brom. That puts that win in context. We couldn't compete tonight and he didn't even now how to give is a chance to do so.

Same United that won last season's league?

Hyperbole.
I agree that bayern are the target, and despite them outclassing us tonight, I still believe that man for man we aren't far away. But boy are they a unified team, something we have to become.

I still think we will do. But we do need to get the blend right.

Man for man we are not far away?
We really are & it's by some distance.

Let's not beat around the bush - Bayern were outstanding last night. They're fit, fast, powerful, high pressing, high tempo and technically brilliant. They can play both counter and possession with amazing precision. They are the best club team in the world at the moment without a shadow of a doubt.

I thought Pellegrini got it right playing Richards & Clichy, but there should've been another body in the midfield. We would've been beaten regardless, but at least the carnage in the middle could've been quelled a bit better to give us a fighting chance.

That game also tells me that we really need a speedy wide man on the left. If we're knowing that the opposition are going to dominate possession and thus leaving us to resort to two upfront to utilise the counter, we need to have outlets on both sides. We looked mildly dangerous whenever Navas got the ball, but that's the only side we can go down in doing so.

Bayern have a brilliant midfield but it's that world class threat on both sides in Robben and Ribery that gives them the edge over other teams. Throw the fucking bank at Marco Reus please.

This so called spanish duo and their buffoon have turned a title winning team into a motiveless average premiership side. The ringing of "you're shit and you know you are" sung by the Bayern fans is still in my ears, and this morning I recall thinking how true their words were. This guy doesn't appear to have a clue.

The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
NipHolmes said:
United aren't the target for me mate. Bayern are. The best should always be.

We beat Unites but not 'fodder'.

Pellegrini imo is getting the crashcourse in English football.

I wanted Jose but mainly change. I think Pellegrini will be goos for us but only if HE adapts.

As for the fool who said our summer buys are poor. GTFOOH. We had the best window in Europe bar Madrid!

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 pm --

Same United that won last season's league?

Hyperbole.
I agree that bayern are the target, and despite them outclassing us tonight, I still believe that man for man we aren't far away. But boy are they a unified team, something we have to become.

I still think we will do. But we do need to get the blend right.

Man for man we are not far away?
We really are & it's by some distance.

We are not far away, but if he does not know how to play the team to its best advantage we won't get very far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.