Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
If anyone thinks that the problem is that the players are not bothered, they really are barking up the wrong tree.

It does look that way, but their paralysis is not because they don't want to perform, it's because for the moment they can not

Why? You seem to contradict yourself with every post.

Marvin said:
I'll tell you what's clueless, blaming the defeats in Europe, this season and last on tactics.

Mancini got the blame for City's defeats in Europe. It was another game in Europe we were told and Mancini doesn't know how to play it

No we lost because in Europe, City's players crumble and make basic errors.

We didn't get in a position to even execute our own game.

Those who say we were lost against Bayern's power in midfield, please explain what happened against Utd in the Derby. How did we cope then? WHat happened at the start of the 2nd half against Bayern? For 5 minutes we played at the tempo required before another setback knocked the stuffing put of us again.

We need players like Negredo, and the belief in what we are doing at this level which may come from beating CSKA.

When you have players making stupid errors you can't do anything

It's more basic than tactics

It wasn't Bayern's power, it was their numbers

Benarbia said:
Last night was all down to tactics and tactics alone. Not saying we wouldn't have lost but it certainly wouldn't have been so comprehensive.
His after match interview basically admitted he thought he couldn't stop them so he continued to play the way we have been

I mean how pathetic?? Gary fooking Neville called it after 5 minutes yet after 45 minutes the same team and tactic trooped out

We played well against an awful Newcastle and for 70 minutes against the scum until they got another body in midfield and that's it. Anyone who isn't worried should really start as it's going to be a long long winter
Just think it will give you more opportunities to troll the forum I bet your loving it

Metodscaeft DeadBlue said:
People already talking the unthinkable? You cannot win every match. Particularly against a Bayern Munich in form that like.

I will stand by Pellegrini as I strongly believe he knows what he's doing. He genuinely is turning us into a true force but after how Mancini 'broke the dressing room' it takes a long time to mend.

I can see moments in City which remind me of Barcelona in the 90s. I think with what Pellegrini is attempting to do, he should be given two years. Then and only then should we even think about judging him and the team. Until then he has my full backing

That's fine if he meets his targets but he will be gone in the summer if not sooner if he doesn't.

Jumanji said:
mancity1 said:
citymad said:
Do you think the more intelligent and tactically astute managers like mourinho, Benitez, Wenger, Klopp, laudrup, Rogers, etc would have set the team up like that tonight and left it so late to change things ? Are we being over critical because he hasnt got the personnel to change it to another system?

I think a little too much is made of personnel and systems to be fair.

There is no substitute for work rate , intelligence on the ball ( when you have it ) , mental fortitude , speed on and off the ball , being in the right place and the right time etc , most if not all mutually exclusive from "systems".

Bayern were in another league in all those attributes to us last night but again as Celtic showed on the " big stage " you can have players of inferior ilk and still be competitive.

We have too many downhill skiers which gets back to motivation and a willingness to not get down and dirty so to speak.
Of course formation is a huge factor.

Work rate means nothing when you're being outnumbered in midfield to a technically brilliant side.

Bayern like to be pressed, they just pass around it and tire the opposition. They do that even in their league even when matched numbers wise in midfield.

Imagine what giving them an extra man in midfield does if they can do that when matched in numbers.

They passed all around our players last night with their overload. We'd press and they'd just pass to a free man as soon as the player got close...making the run for nothing, losing energy. Probably their easiest game this season. Even Robben said he didn't expect it be so easy.
Yet after half time we did more in 5 minutes than we did in the entire 1st half

We spent 75 minutes feeling sorry for ourselves

I see that you are all grasping for explanations and missing the very obvious trend of City in European competition

I like most of you have seen every one of our home games in European competition.

The game is not played by different rules, with two footballs. It's the same game, but more or less without exception every game is littered with basic errors which undermine our game. Why?

If you keep talking tactics in the face of this overwhelming evidence then you will get nowhere. You'll end up convincing yourselves we need a new manager and coach when that is totally unproven

Pellegrini can manage in Europe. Ad probably could Mancini. The question is getting these players to believe and play their normal game at this level

Fortunately I think we have a group which will allow us to qualify.

It comes down to 2 games against CSKA Moscow. We all knew that anyway

Just got in work and was thinking about the game on the way in.

What got me was the way BAYERN worked as a team even at 3-0 up.There hunger was evident for all to see.
I am hoping for a reaction on Saturday however to say I am very underwhelmed is an understatement.
Mancini got blamed the last 2 seasons.Lets see if the same is afforded to the engineer.
Very interesting to see the players lack of desire. We were playing a better team but it still does not deflect our complete lack of workrate.
I am just very very confused with 4-4-2 and why is it when one player is having an off day-all 10 others seem to aswell.
Our club has a long way to go to be at where we want to be.
One question to put out there from me-What has changed with the new manager apart from another 100million being spent?

Benarbia said:
Last night was all down to tactics and tactics alone. Not saying we wouldn't have lost but it certainly wouldn't have been so comprehensive.
His after match interview basically admitted he thought he couldn't stop them so he continued to play the way we have been

I mean how pathetic?? Gary fooking Neville called it after 5 minutes yet after 45 minutes the same team and tactic trooped out

We played well against an awful Newcastle and for 70 minutes against the scum until they got another body in midfield and that's it. Anyone who isn't worried should really start as it's going to be a long long winter
85592.jpg

Ducado said:
The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I agree that bayern are the target, and despite them outclassing us tonight, I still believe that man for man we aren't far away. But boy are they a unified team, something we have to become.

I still think we will do. But we do need to get the blend right.

Man for man we are not far away?
We really are & it's by some distance.

We are not far away, but if he does not know how to play the team to its best advantage we won't get very far

Tbh I think we will still get out of the group as cska arnt much better than pilzen
And are we really going to go much further when we get to the knockout stage
Anyway roll on saturday as Everton is now a must win game.

Marvin said:
Jumanji said:
mancity1 said:
I think a little too much is made of personnel and systems to be fair.

There is no substitute for work rate , intelligence on the ball ( when you have it ) , mental fortitude , speed on and off the ball , being in the right place and the right time etc , most if not all mutually exclusive from "systems".

Bayern were in another league in all those attributes to us last night but again as Celtic showed on the " big stage " you can have players of inferior ilk and still be competitive.

We have too many downhill skiers which gets back to motivation and a willingness to not get down and dirty so to speak.
Of course formation is a huge factor.

Work rate means nothing when you're being outnumbered in midfield to a technically brilliant side.

Bayern like to be pressed, they just pass around it and tire the opposition. They do that even in their league even when matched numbers wise in midfield.

Imagine what giving them an extra man in midfield does if they can do that when matched in numbers.

They passed all around our players last night with their overload. We'd press and they'd just pass to a free man as soon as the player got close...making the run for nothing, losing energy. Probably their easiest game this season. Even Robben said he didn't expect it be so easy.
Yet after half time we did more in 5 minutes than we did in the entire 1st half

We spent 75 minutes feeling sorry for ourselves

I see that you are all grasping for explanations and missing the very obvious trend of City in European competition

I like most of you have seen every one of our home games in European competition.

The game is not played by different rules, with two footballs. It's the same game, but more or less without exception every game is littered with basic errors which undermine our game. Why?

If you keep talking tactics in the face of this overwhelming evidence then you will get nowhere. You'll end up convincing yourselves we need a new manager and coach when that is totally unproven

Pellegrini can manage in Europe. Ad probably could Mancini. The question is getting these players to believe and play their normal game at this level

Fortunately I think we have a group which will allow us to qualify.

It comes down to 2 games against CSKA Moscow. We all knew that anyway
So you think a midfield two of Yaya & Fern with Nasri out wide will hold the ball against the likes of Bayern? Win it back?

Sure we had short spell. I almost never see a one-sided game for 90 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.